+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LuLuM View Post
    Are you guys doing any prenatal yoga or other classes in the area?
    I have thought about classes but I don't know of anyone who does them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lu!

I haven't seen the Facebook group, how do I search for it? Yep, I agree that the July due date thread has pretty much died.

I'm not doing any classes, mainly because it took me so long to get through the morning sickness stage! I'm thinking of starting at Younga Yoga..it's about $20 a class though, so combined with our renovations and *just announced* engagement, it's a bit exxy. Are you doing any? Id be keen to see what was available.

We are signed up to do antenatal classes through the normal public clinic, as dp wants to do them and the MGP only has a 'meet the midwives' night where they go through common things, and give you a chance to meet the other three midwives in case your assigned one is busy with another woman.

Hey, I have a question someone here might be able to help with:

I have PHI but I'm not covered for obstetrics. Am I able to birth in the public hospital, and then transfer to figtree private for the recovery? If so, would I only need to pay my excess, or do I need to pay a nightly fee?

My family never had PHI growing up so I know very little about it, and when I ask the company they just spurt out a whole heaps of jargon that means nothing to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    Hi Lu!

I haven't seen the Facebook group, how do I search for it? Yep, I agree that the July due date thread has pretty much died.

I'm not doing any classes, mainly because it took me so long to get through the morning sickness stage! I'm thinking of starting at Younga Yoga..it's about $20 a class though, so combined with our renovations and *just announced* engagement, it's a bit exxy. Are you doing any? Id be keen to see what was available.

We are signed up to do antenatal classes through the normal public clinic, as dp wants to do them and the MGP only has a 'meet the midwives' night where they go through common things, and give you a chance to meet the other three midwives in case your assigned one is busy with another woman.

Hey, I have a question someone here might be able to help with:

I have PHI but I'm not covered for obstetrics. Am I able to birth in the public hospital, and then transfer to figtree private for the recovery? If so, would I only need to pay my excess, or do I need to pay a nightly fee?

My family never had PHI growing up so I know very little about it, and when I ask the company they just spurt out a whole heaps of jargon that means nothing to me!
    You will probably need to pay the fee as you will be in the obstetric part of the hospital. Maybe ring your PHI to see if you can. I think it will also depend if there is a bed available as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cakeish- to my knowledge, you can't transfer to figtree if u give birth at Wollongong. I wanted to do the same but I was told I couldn't. I am
    Covered by obstetrics and it didnt make any difference. :-(
    Dr Coleman sounds really nice, sounds like your in good hands.

AFM- I'm doing pretty good right now. Dr has been very happy with latest scans. I still have fortnightly scans, which I don't mind, it keeps me at ease. I'm being watched like a hawke by my doc, so much better than before. I'm 22 weeks today! Yay!!

Im not doing any kind of classes. I'm too worried about doing too much so I only do what I have to do, as it is. We are moving house next thursday, so really looking forward to moving into our first home!! Been packing up the house for the past 5 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,
    Hope all is well with you all :-)
    Sorry I can't help with Qs about PHI, we are just sticking with Wollongong, so no help here!!
    As for classes, I was thinking of yoga as well, there are some in Woonona which is close for me, I think it's Kailesh Yoga or something like that. It's on a Monday which suits better than the younga for me. I agree though, they are quite expensive. We started our antenatal classes at the hospital on Wednesday too. I'm keen for these as it's our first bub and we don't know what to expect :-)
    Angenrod, how's your little one going? How did the house move go?
    Cake ish, private message apple isle mum from the July group to get the Facebook link.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must be the only one expecting in september lol. I had my 19 week scan and found out we are having a girl, which is great! We already have a beautiful boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, all still progressing quite well here. We move this Thursday and Friday!! I'm so excited about it. The house we've bought is so lovely.

I'm not far off a September due date.. Mines august 30th. Lol. I have asked the girls in the August due date group to join the fb page too, but they were not very helpful, so I havent bothered about it.

Kim- u must be so thrilled to be having a girl!! One I each, very lucky!! This is my second too. I have a girl (15yrs) and expecting a boy! I feel so blessed.

I'm not doing any antenatal classes as I'm expecting to have a ceaser. Just hoping I get to at least 36 weeks so I can go to figtree to have bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kim- lovely news, a little girl :-) ours is a surprise. I am thinking boy at the moment but keep changing my mind, so really will be surprised when it arrives!
    Ang- glad bub is doing so well. Goodluck with the move :-)
    AFM all going well, belly is really starting to grow heaps now and bubs seems to have the hiccups a lot :-) feeling good too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone.
    Thought I would join in with you all. Not long lived in the area (Bulli) and am keen to meet some new people/mummies. My husband and I have a 2yo daughter and we are expecting our second little miracle in November. We are 14 weeks and so far so good. We had a mc earlier in the year so this time around we were so nervous but fingers crossed. Anyway Hi! How is everyone feelings? In love with those gorgeous bumps i bet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ekos- welcome and congrats on making it to 14 weeks!! I'm 10 weeks ahead of you however have been told I would deliver early, so may have a bubs anywhere from now.... Am hoping to get to 2nd of August though. I have 4 kids (1 is mine, 15 yrs old, other 3 step kids that I raise, aged 14,10 and 8.
    I've just moved to Unanderra from west Wollongong. Hope we get to know each other. Keep us up to date on your pregnancy too. Do u have your own Ob or using public hospital?