Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger12 View Post
    Hi I'm from Wollongong and due in November 2012
    after finding all obs booked I managed to get in with dr coleman

Does anyone have any feedback as I'd love some reassurance

Thanks!
    I don't see Dr Coleman and I don't know of anyone that does. I see Dr Davis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimnus- I am going to Wollongong hospital through the antenatal clinic. The clinic has been excellent. Had a few concerns early on so was put in high risk and the care has been outstanding so far.
    Tiger 12- I have heard ppl say that Dr Coleman is great, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :-) is this your first bub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LuLuM View Post
    Kimnus- I am going to Wollongong hospital through the antenatal clinic. The clinic has been excellent. Had a few concerns early on so was put in high risk and the care has been outstanding so far.
    Tiger 12- I have heard ppl say that Dr Coleman is great, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :-) is this your first bub?
    I am going through his private rooms as I am high risk and he was great when I had my son. I work in Wollongong hospital so didn't really want to have my baby there as I work in recovery and need to have a c-section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, I'm due in August but have been having a few probs. LuluM, I think it was u who has replied to my "small gestational sack" topic! I didn't realize u were so close!

I'm seeing dr greening but thinking I might just go to Wollongong's public system. I'm also high risk, does this mean we see dr's on a wednesday? Is it just Davies on a Wednesday there? How do I go about getting in there? Any help would be appreciated.
    It's just that dr greening doesn't think I'll get past 24 weeks, and I can't justify paying $3000 if I'm gonna have a baby that soon, and he won't be the delivering doctor. So thinking I might as well just go through public health system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angenrod View Post
    Hi ladies, I'm due in August but have been having a few probs. LuluM, I think it was u who has replied to my "small gestational sack" topic! I didn't realize u were so close!

I'm seeing dr greening but thinking I might just go to Wollongong's public system. I'm also high risk, does this mean we see dr's on a wednesday? Is it just Davies on a Wednesday there? How do I go about getting in there? Any help would be appreciated.
    It's just that dr greening doesn't think I'll get past 24 weeks, and I can't justify paying $3000 if I'm gonna have a baby that soon, and he won't be the delivering doctor. So thinking I might as well just go through public health system.
    We are close, both in the gong :-)
    What did you decide to do re care? I am with the high risk clinic at Wollongong and have had excellent care. I mostly see a midwife consultant. I just went in to the antenatal clinic to get in. By the sounds of your other post, bubs will make it well past 24 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I decided to stay where I was and I'm glad I did. I see the midwife there each fortnight and straight after i see the dr. The yellow card is all filled in
    Now, and yes they did have it all in their books there but I just wanted it on the yellow card in case any unforeseen circumstances arose. Yes dr very happy at the moment with pregnancy. Says we will still
    Monitor closely, but all things looking up n good. He asked if I had been saying lots of prayers and of course I have!! Very happy with things now!!

So when r u due??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops, I see your due July!! We are only a month apart 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I'm due end of July, and thought I'd throw in my two cents about Dr Coleman.

I first saw him early 2011 as a gyno, and ended up having fairly extensive cervical procedures done with him privately. He was amazing, even leaving his child's bday on a Friday night to meet me in figtree to assess some post op bleeding I was having. He also came in on the sat morning to see how I was before I was discharged.

I now see him through the MGP at Wollongong public and although I am classed as 'potential' high risk, he is so positive about our outcomes.

The one thing I give him is that he is so down to earth, couldn't find a better 'explainer' or someone less dramatic - which is good in my books.

Would love to stay in touch with some Wollongong mums as I don't have a lot of female friends and am finding my usual outings with the man and our mutual (mostly male) friends aren't as great when you don't drink!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angenrod - glad you are happier with your care now. How is everything going? We are due very close :-)

Cakeish - how are you going? Saw you in the July due date group. Are you in the Facebook group? It's a lovely group and the bub hub due date group seems to be very quiet now days.

Will be great to have other Wollongong mums to chat to, especially due so close :-)
    Are you guys doing any prenatal yoga or other classes in the area?