Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Witwicky;6310834]I come into contact with inconsiderate smokers probably 99% of the time I go out into public, so I think "smoker bashing" is justified in my experience. I just want to breathe fresh air
    Nothing worse than walking behind a smoker and then wam you cop a faceful of smoke and same when you live next door to a smoke, your sitting outside and they are obviously are as well cos all you can smell is cigarette smoke, it makes me feel ill so I end up going inside. Absolutely discusting habit and I can't fathem why anyone would smoke to be honest. Cigarette butts out the window was a pet hate of my dh's when he was a police officer, seems so many people actually don't see it as littering I wish they would ban it altogether actually! And another frustrating thing is smokers to smoke so close to their kids without giving a thought to their health.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (14-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ha ha no nicotine withdrawal isn't painful, let's see, I'm a heavy smoker I say I smoke 30 a day, but it's more depending on my day. The only physical reaction ive had is anxiety related. So yes I know people smoke more, but majority of people smoke less, it doesn't cause me pain. What's worse, withdrawal or struggling to breathe with emphysema... So basically a panic attack at worst, people who suggest otherwise probably aren't ready to release the shackles off their feet. And got those planning quitting, the majority of smokers quit cold turkey, don't pay more money to quit. I'd like to see physical evidence that this pain is real and not just some lie from an addict looking for another fix

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bronny, with all due respect, it's not painful for you

That does not mean it's not painful for others. Please don't say such b!tchy things just because you don't agree. My own mother and SIL have said that they had terrible joint pain during the first couple of months of quitting.

What a horrible post - it's people like you who give reformed smokers such a bad name Luckily though, not all of them are like you.

Speaking of fixes though...how many kids do you have again? It must be nice getting your internet fix this afternoon on BH. Only seems to happen when one feels like stirring the pot though...now doesn't it .

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (14-01-2012),Arusaamatus  (14-01-2012),Chocolate All Gone Now  (14-01-2012),fiddlesticks  (14-01-2012),Lemmings  (14-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Topping up my levels right now.. But 2 smokes left and I'm quit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicotine is out of your body within days, it's not withdrawal causing pain. I'm not a non smoker, I will be soon.. So it's not that I don't understand addiction at all.. I just know from my own experience.. Why don't you quit, give it month and then tell me if it was painful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bronny-jane View Post
    Nicotine is out of your body within days, it's not withdrawal causing pain. I'm not a non smoker, I will be soon.. So it's not that I don't understand addiction at all.. I just know from my own experience.. Why don't you quit, give it month and then tell me if it was painful?
    I did quit - for four months.

I was in pain the whole time, but that's because I suffer a chronic pain condition. I don't think giving up smoking had anything to do with *my* pain but I know it's an issue for a lot of other people.

I'll quit I'm ready (and plan to), thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not stirring the pot ha ha, just don't sugar coat my opinions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bronny-jane View Post
    I'm not stirring the pot ha ha, just don't sugar coat my opinions.
    LOL, oh bless.

There's a difference between having an opinion and baiting someone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    reading threads like these is painful
    I know right!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (14-01-2012),fiddlesticks  (14-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You trying to bait me?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567