DS will not let me brush his teeth, or do it himself. Everything I read online says "Establish it early", well that's really great thanks, but he has NEVER let me put anything in his mouth (was a early teether and teethed consistently till he was around 14 months - no one was allowed near his mouth!)
Things I have tried:
- Toothpaste/no toothpaste/fruit flavoured toddler toothpaste
- Electric toothbrush/normal tooth brush
- Letting him do it/letting him play with & chew on the brush
- Brushing my teeth at the same time for him to copy
- Letting him try brushing my teeth/watching me brush my teeth at every chance
- Making a game of it/singing a song
And nothing! It particularly stresses me as he has only just given up his over night bottles in bed and we live in a place where there is no fluoride in the water. I grew up in a place the same and my teeth are sooooo weak! I don't want him to go through what I did at 3 years old - being given a general and having 6 fillings done, then a life time of dentists and painful needles, root canals, crowns and drilling not mention the expense.
Any other ideas short of pinning him down and forcing the brush in his mouth?!