+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had my first hospital appointment and they've said that I can have vbac, but also can choose to go CS at around 39 weeks if I want. But at this stage if I go early again especially if my waters break early again they won't induce me so good chance it'll end up in an emmergency CS again.
    So at this stage I've not made any decisions, but depending at what stage things start happening I'll try vbac, but will follow staff recommendations if really early or really late with the CS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So I saw the OB for the first time. At this stage wont be seeing an OB again till towards the end of the pregnancy, maybe about 35-36 weeks.
    I feel more in the dark now than I did with my first pregnancy. I waited for 45 minutes to get into my appointment then was only in there for 5 minutes. I had a junior doctor (maybe OB in training) do my blood pressure, heart beat check and measuring. The OB ran his fingers over my belly for 2 seconds and said size was ok.
    He asked what I was doing in regards to vbac or repeat CS. He said as far as he can see I could try for a vbac, but inducing is still out of the question and a pre-booked CS around 39 weeks is ok too. But he said we have plenty of time to decide what to do. He gave me my referal for my bloods/sugar tests and basically shoved me out the door. I know I still have a bit of time to make my decision, but I wish someone would take time to sit with me to discuss things that may go wrong with either a vbac or CS to help me make my decision.
    With the scenarios I have 2 out of 3 will result with a CS. And considering I've been through an emmergency one before I know basically what I'm in for (minus the hectic screaming and stress beforehand).
    Does anyone know any online information things where I can research more??

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Check out the ican blog http://blog.ican-online.org/ also the mybirth website http://www.mybirth.com.au/natural-birth/vbac.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you going public or private? Would you consider hiring or speaking to a private midwife? I'm under the care of a private middie this time and while my ob first time (private hospital) was very good, I feel like I have a much more relaxed, comfortable and deeper relationship with my middie. I can email or call with questions whenever I want, our appointments are always at least 30 minutes and she is so thorough and takes so much time to make sure I understand everything, it's great.

I found it hard to do a lot of research on the net because there is so much to trawl through and I didn't have the patience

Just putting it out there as another option. It might also be worth speaking to a doula and / or hiring one. I've got one in the wings just in case. Again, the wealth of knowledge she has is amazing.

Statistically you are more likely to achieve a VBAC with a doula or private midwife on board.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I tried vbac with my son after my first c-section. Unfortunately, my waters broke at 38 weeks and after a day and a half I still hadnt progressed more than 2 cms. I felt defeated and was wheeled into surgery. The surgeon told me that it was lucky I didnt go through with birth as I had too much scar tissue.

I am currently researching now for vba3c. It's a big deal and I am not even sure if any Dr. will support me, but I thinks it's worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by knomie; 12-08-2012 at 20:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. I've had 2vbacs now. My ds1 was induced 12 days post dates and was an emergency CS. My second I flat out refused to go post dates and ended up being induced at 40+4. We had an assisted delivery as bub was going into distress. My. Third bub came naturally before my due date this time.

Fitness definitely helps IMO. You don't have to be a professional athlete but definitely try do gentle walking each day to maintain a level if stamina. The other thing is having support around you who can maintain positivity and be encouraging when or if you doubt yourself!