+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks.....but i "think" i have decided on the elective c sect .....my heart just isnt in it IYKWIM......i feel so uncomfortable this pg already, bad back, unfit, old, i just feel like i am going to be huge full term etc.....if psychologically i felt different i would give it a go despite theses issues...i know a v birth is really important for many ppl....its just not a big deal for me, im not sure why . i admit i am put off more by bad birth stories than i am convinced by good birth stories ...i guess its a case of better the devil u know in my case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive been busy reading some horror stories in the cs vs vb recovery time section actually ....i just cant get my head around how BAD some vb's are tho like months of agony for mum or ruptured placenta's.....i had read an earlier article about this issue tho, maybe there is something in it about elective c sections being more likely to result in the problems cos my DS has not had any such health problems and i guess i had some sort of (albeit induced) labour first......i also dont trust newspaper articles that cite scientific studies tho...they leave out the study design, who the study was funded by etc..factors that can influence results....worth a look at the actual study tho. maybe my ob knows about it and i can ask when i see him on friday...i was going to speak with him about my personal case and the chances of having a sucessful vbac and what his honest opinion is, last pg he warned me i might end up with a c section given bubs position but still was keen i try a vb as in his words "the recovery is generally quicker"..must admit im getting worried that this baby will be BIG tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly never refer to yourself as failing... i got stamped that i failed to progress and ended with a c/s and looked down on my bodies capabilities since then.
    you need to believe in yourself for a VBAC to be successfull.

secondly you dont have to be induced... its only hospital policy that 'allows' you to go up to 10 days over, you can just wait for things to happen naturally... and im pretty sure they dont like to induce after youve had previous c/s anyway.

what made my VBAC so successfull was that i armed myself with information and took an 'alternative' approach to pregnancy and birth
    i exercised everyday of my pregnancy... your prepareing yourself for a marathon... im not the fittest person in the world and having a small toddler to take with me made it very hard. i walked and swam mostly but i also joined local preg classes.

i also took on optimal fetal positioning during my pregnancy... sitting and luying with belly facing forward and your knees sitting below your pelvis. i bought a kneeling chair and fit ball... and didnt sit on my recliner or luy on my back from 20 weeks onward. this encourages bub to sit anterior, as highest reason for c/s is a prosterior baby.

i was also armed with amazing independant midwives who informed me and helped me the entire pregnancy, birth and are still helping 4 weeks postnatal.

i wish you all the luck in the world. i also encourage you to look into Midwives Naturally, they have many information nights for VBAC, next on is in April and i am sharing my birth story at it.

i am very open to more questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    HandsRment2b - Congrats on your vbac! Do you have your birth story posted anywhere? Would love to read it!!!! Also where did you get your kneeler chair? I want one of those to help for my next pregnancy - Ive had two posterior labours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    im in the process of writing my birth story... its more than the birth id like to write though so its going to take a little longer hehe and a 16 month old and a new born are keeping me busy... but will end up posting on the midwives naturally website.
    i got my kneeling chair from ebay, they have brand new ones for pretty cheap. also try googling optimal fetal positioning... thats wat youve got to do to tr avoid prosterior baby... othewise the midwives at midwives naturally always hve a lot of info abt it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been keeping an eye on this thread, as I had an emmergency CS due to my waters breaking 4.5 weeks early. Bubs HR kept dropping during my contractions and also when they hooked me up to the oxytocin. I was dialating slowly and thought bub was stressing too much to hang on that long and to make it through the birth too. So I'm kinda different as to bub was the issue for my CS, but cos it'll only be 18 months between him and #2 not sure what is good/bad/reccommended now. I think my CS was good, and had a great recovery, but am badically worried about everything with both vbac or another CS.
    Does anyone know if there are any policies regarding short periods between bubs (which way is safer etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    HandsRmeant2b - thanks haha take your time lovely - will wait patiently for your birth story will keep an eye out on the midwives naturally website enjoy your newborn snuggles!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bundleoflove - I asked two OB's if they thought it was safe to vbac with my 2nd with only 16 months between and they both said that it was fine and that your scar is healed in the first 6 weeks go for it!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundleoflove View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on this thread, as I had an emmergency CS due to my waters breaking 4.5 weeks early. Bubs HR kept dropping during my contractions and also when they hooked me up to the oxytocin. I was dialating slowly and thought bub was stressing too much to hang on that long and to make it through the birth too. So I'm kinda different as to bub was the issue for my CS, but cos it'll only be 18 months between him and #2 not sure what is good/bad/reccommended now. I think my CS was good, and had a great recovery, but am badically worried about everything with both vbac or another CS.
    Does anyone know if there are any policies regarding short periods between bubs (which way is safer etc).
    Hi
    When I had my cs the surgeon told me to wait 12 months before getting pregnant again and my chances would be 75% for a vbac

Sent from my MotoA953 using BubHub

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a successful VBAC 16 months after my emergency cesarean.