+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Invisible Zinc

Does anybody use these products? Are they worth the price? Can you wear make up over them? Does your skin breathe or do they make you hot? Will I have Elle's body if I wear it?

Sorry, lots of questions but I've been wondering for a while.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (14-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried the face one and liked it. I found my make up went on smoothly over it - the zinc sort of acted like a primer and seemed to fill in my pores a bit. I'll buy it again. I think it made
    me look a bit paler but I can live with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do and I have used it for a number of years. I wore it each and every day when I worked out bush in the desert, and I still use it everyday during the Perth summer. I was exposed to super hot temps beating down on my whiter-than-white-girl skin. It worked exceptionally well, I never burnt, and I would recommend it. I use both the daywear (thicker) and the 4 hour water-resistant cream (um...creamier) and I have a smaller pump-pack that I think is also the 4 hour version. I have not used the tinted variety.

I have never worn it under make-up though, as I never wore make-up to work. My face wasn't overly shiny, but then, I never had to give a rats what I looked like when I worked out bush

And I believe that Elle has been booted for a younger model - Megan Gale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use the tinted invisible zinc for the face and i like it (although it do think it is overpriced - i got mine free) It does feel a little heavy/sticky at first but not too bad (subsides quickly) and it smooths out my pores nicely. I don't wear make up but i find it covers well enough that i wouldn't need foundation if i did wear it. You could wear foundation over the non-tinted one with no worries though, if you wanted.
    I use a cheaper zinc based sunscreen on my body and it is harder to rub in than regular sunscreen (thicker and can leave a white cast if not rubbed in properly) but it's not too much of a bother for me.

You don't want Elle's skin - it is horribly sun damaged and leathery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elle looks so grumpy on the latest ad. She's saying the lines like someone off camera is holding a gun to her head!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Does anybody use these products? Are they worth the price? Can you wear make up over them? Does your skin breathe or do they make you hot? Will I have Elle's body if I wear it?

Sorry, lots of questions but I've been wondering for a while.
    I've been wondering the same thing so thanks for starting a thread!!! And the bolded bit = hilarious!

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's the only sunscreen my nephew can use. He is allergic to chemical sunscreens. Woolworths make their own brand which is much more reasonably priced than the supermodel endorsed variety. If anything, it is better for your skin than other sunscreens as zinc is repairing. We have all used zinc for nappy rash after all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    Elle looks so grumpy on the latest ad. She's saying the lines like someone off camera is holding a gun to her head!
    I agree! Sounds like she is reading from cards and the person turning them isn't quick enough. The pauses just aren't right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have been using the general one for a while (not the face one). I find that it is quite thick, and tends to leave a bit of a residue on my skin the next day, unless you really thoroughly wash it off. I persist with it, but would like to try other non chemical blockers.

I've heard the face one is good.

My SIL is a beauty therapist, and she was telling me there's another brand which is quite good. I think it's this one:

http://www.dermalogica.com/us/html/p...-spf30-74.html

I think it's chemical free as well (only the face one, not the general body one, I believe)

While they are expensive, apparently the dermalogica products go a long way. I use one of their lip balms and it's amazing.
    Last edited by MsMummy; 14-01-2012 at 18:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the Megan gale one with some tinted colour in it. Was rubbish and gave me zits. Lame