+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mumma and Mumma

What an exciting journey you're about to embark on! I just had my little boy 5 weeks ago but when we went through IVF, Medicare covered about half our costs (received about $7500 back). So unless things have changed in the last 12 months your out of pocket costs are about halved and that's not including private health. I did have private health but my cover didn't include IVF so we paid about $7000-$8000.
    Hope that helps! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SNK,

Thanks for the info. Did you fertilise your own eggs or your partners? We are going to fertilise my partners but I will then carry the baby. It's called inter-partnership egg donation. Apparently most doctors won't put this through Medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry SNK, just looked back at your previous posts. I was told by QFG that some doctors view it as surrogacy however this is not true. Maybe next bub will need to be Brissy conceived!

Good luck with your little man x

Thanks
    Reviews
    So great to see so many young lesbi-mummas out there. I'm 26 and my partner is 25 and we have just started ttc. We are in victoria. We discussed it 3 years ago and were ready then but decided to travel a little bit first and get our selves sorted ie out of debt Since we have been together we too feel like grannies... We despise going clubbing and would much rather stay home watching DVDs or going out to early dinners. We are the only ones of our kind in our friendship/family circles too and sometimes find it hard to relate to others especially when going through all this ttc business. Anyhoo just wanted to say its so refreshing reading all your journeys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow really! Thanks for the info Mumma and Mumma, I had no idea that's how it worked! That seems so unfair as it would make that option financially out of reach for so many couples! Such a shame. Well hopefully someone can shed more light on your original question about how much private health covers. I'll definitely be interested to hear the response too!

Stuffnthings I love reading these forums and hearing everybody's stories too! It's nice to know we're a growing group!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it seems all quiet here now, I got a BFP 3 days ago, DW and I have been trying to get this all going for 18mths so it's pretty exciting. Given that I've been lurking for a while jsut wanted to check in and see how all the mummies or potential mummies are travelling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations, wishing you a smooth pregnancy. We are just over 24 weeks pregnant with a little boy and just can't wait to meet him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your pregnancy, wishing you a smooth 9 months. Is this your first bub? I am just over 24 weeks with our first a little boy, can't wait to meet him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations to the both of you! Twins... Very exciting! Unfortunately I don't know any doulas, so can't help there.. But wanted to say congratulations to the both of you and hope you enjoy this journey together! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't quite begun yet. Our first appointment is in August and our plan is for me to carry my partners egg. It's great too hear about everyone else's journey. We are excited and a little nervous!