+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd skip it. I've lived next to a barking dog (moved in without knowing there was a dog next door). I would never knowingly move in next to a noisy dog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbasmummy View Post
    It's not a little yappy dog - it is a huge outdoor dog. I'm not good with dog breeds. Dark brown with dark grey face/legs/ears.
    For me, children and dogs aren't even on the same page. If a child is noisy in a residential area, the parents should try to reduce it but it can't always be done. If a dog is barking so much that it would require an electric shock then that is the responsibility of the dog owners to do something if it's in a residential area. If it was me, I'd be embarrassed about the trouble my dog was causing to the neighborhood, just as I am truly sorry for the neighbors and embarrassed if my son throws a tantrum during the day. anyway I'm going to ask the other neighbors today then decide.
    Children don't scream in the yard all night, it's not a fair comparison.

The issue with our barking instigator was his owner spent most nights at his girlfriends, leaving the dog alone for huge periods of time.

Miserable dog set off dogs on 3 other properties. I despise irresponsible pet owners.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

chubbasmummy  (14-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that kids and dogs is not a fair comparison which is why I said they're not on the same page for me
    The neighbors weren't there when I went but the people two doors down were as well as the neighbours over the back fence. Both said the dog barks all the time and they even put their air cons on to drown out the noise sometimes but it's not enough. The place we were looking at plus the place on the other side of the dog place are empty and the other neighbour knows one of them moved out because of the dog. Glad I asked. We'll be steering well clear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmmm yes I think you have made the best decision then, lucky you asked!

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our neighbours have a yapping dog that barks rhythmically ALL day and night. We have spoken to them about it and they don't do anything so now when it barks we go outside and yell "shut the f*** up!" and other profanities. Because they have a 3-4 year old they quickly rush outside and shut it up haahaha. Works for us.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

chubbasmummy  (14-01-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My next door neighbours two dogs used to bark like crazy and jump on the fence every time we were around. Two packets of Schmackos marrowbones and 8 weeks of training and I have fixed them. Now they only bark for strangers and stop and sit when I tell them to.

I had asked our neighbour to do something, but he didn't so I took it upon myself and didn't tell them. Once he looked out his curtains and did give me an odd look when I was out the front and his dogs started up and I told them to be quiet and they obeyed. LOL. It could be because I said something to the dogs, I don't know, but I couldn't hear my audiobook over the barking.