+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would you rent it? Barking dog....

Hi, we have to move for hubby's job and we are desperately looking for a rental property in the area. We saw a perfect one today and applied. While we were there the dog in the neighbour's yard barked very loudly the whole time. I don't have much experience with dogs. Would it do this just because there were new people and would get used to us and stop barking? Or do noisy dogs like that often stay like that? Is there anything that can be done about incessant barking if it occurs? Or should I just skip the place? Too much of a gamble.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You can call the council and make a noise complaint.

I reckon the worst time for a barking dog is at night time. Drives me crazy. But it may not bark at night as the owner is home.

It is a gamble, but you could get another house and have the same problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We were put off buying a house because the neighbours dog barked a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd take it and if the dog does keep it up, lodge a complaint with the council.

But it could have just been barking as there were new people around and it was a little stirred up fingers crossed that was the case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate barking dogs . Drive me up the wall. I'm a noise nazi. It's a tough call but I'd be too scared too cause I known what I'm like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You know, 6 months ago we had no issues like that here, now we have about 4 different people with barking dogs, which also set off the 2 rotties behind us who have been quiet up until now. You really can't tell, and it's not something that would put me off just because so many people are buying dogs now in suburban areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I expect a bit of barking because they are dogs after all but we were there for about 25 minutes and it didn't stop. Very loud. The yard my son will play in is separated from the dog by a high wooden fence but the dog us very close. I was thinking that tomorrow I should go up again and ask the neighbors on the other side about it. Maybe worth a try.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would still go for the house if you really like it and if the dogs were noisy I would lodge a complaint to the council later on. As Share A Book said you never can tell with other people's pets, you may look at a house with quiet dogs next door then move in and find out they howl and carry on all night. Its a tough decision to make, I hope it works out for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depend what type of bark it was.

High chance it was barking cause you were there.

TBH, doesn't bother me. I'm deaf & don't hear plus I have dogs of my own. They bark, it's their way of talking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't, no way! Never rely on the council, mine was hopeless.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (13-01-2012)