+ Reply to Thread
    babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dental Clinics

DS1 has just lost one of his top front teeth and in the bath just now he was talking to me and I noticed that the adult tooth is coming in over the top of the remaining top front tooth. The tooth isn't at all wiggly and it seems to be pushing the adult tooth backwards. Its a little embarrassing to say that I can't afford to take him to the dentist right now, with rego for two cars due very soon among other things I just can't do hundreds of dollars at the dentist. I was just on the QLD government website looking at Dental clinics near me and my question is how do they work? Do they cost less than going to a normal dentist. Is the care given decent? Is there waiting times or anything? Oh he also has a health care card, if that helps any.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The Dental Hospital in Turbot Street and dental clinics dotted around the suburbs etc are free for pensioners and/or health care card holders.

Some states have free dental for children under 16 at the public dental clinics, however since you have a health care card, you will be entitled to free public dental anyway.

The Dental Hospital in Turbot street (city) is run by QLD Uni, so therefore your care is provided by the Dental students but overseen by their superiors.

All you have to do is ring your preferred dental clinic, (they expect you to visit the one nearest to your place of residence if you can) and make an appointment. Make sure you tell them you have a health care card.

Keep in mind though, if it's not urgent, be prepared for a lengthy wait/wait list and mostly they try to just 'fix the problem' as opposed to forsee problems and have ongoing care for that particular problem.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 13-01-2012 at 18:31. Reason: eta

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

babalooba  (13-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hospital and the dental school are 2 different places, same building but they have nothing to do with eachother. The dental hospital is run by fully qualified dentist. The fifth year students may do there prac there but it is not run by Uq. If its not hurting him I wouldn't be to concerned. I've seen thousands of kids teeth like that!!

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much for your replies, I couldn't really find much info on how the clinics actually work so thats really helpful.