+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate All Gone Now View Post
    Maybe leaky chicken shouldn't have been purchased...

Okay, well since we know that's its okay to treat checkout chicks like sh1t guess we can get on with our lives...
    I never said it was ok to treat a checkout chick like sh1t.
    The OP stated what she had said. From other posts the OP has made, I assume that she didn't say it with malice or aggression (she has never appeared to be anything but a kind and caring individual), but said it in a way that was informing the checkout chick that she needed to think about how she was packing the bags.
    Not all criticism is bad. Sometimes it teaches us a better/safer way to do things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Its a matter of opinion whether this is a better way to pack things. To me, its being precious, OTT and anal not to mention using plastic bags unecessarily.

How are they meant to guess that you want possible leaky items in separate bags?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm obviously at the other end of the scale. I ask for it all to be lumped in the same bag - meat, veg, everything. I can't stand coming home with extra plastic bags.

Check out operators are just there doing a job, a boring, repetitive, low paid job. I feel a bit sorry for her.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (16-01-2012),ComeBackKid  (16-01-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'll keep everyones spare plastic bags....nothings better to hold dog and cat poo like a plastic bag. Without all these bags, I dunno what Id put the poo in before putting it in the main bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh god now all we need is a
    do you put poo in your bin

thread

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (16-01-2012),FiveInTheBed  (16-01-2012),Pinkzy  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonky Donkey View Post
    I'm obviously at the other end of the scale. I ask for it all to be lumped in the same bag - meat, veg, everything. I can't stand coming home with extra plastic bags.

Check out operators are just there doing a job, a boring, repetitive, low paid job. I feel a bit sorry for her.
    Me too. I don't like using unnecessary plastic. Plus as someone else mentioned, nothings clean at the supermarket.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    oh god now all we need is a
    do you put poo in your bin

thread

*gets up on high horse* well I actually recycle my old paper towels and, once dried, fashion them into a bag shaped basket. Then I collect the poo in that. Once thats done, I leave it to dry and then crush it all up and add it to my garden. Fabulous!

...do I dare add an eyeroll? ...I do!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (16-01-2012),FearlessLeader  (16-01-2012),Lemmings  (16-01-2012),Pinkzy  (16-01-2012),Shoopuf  (16-01-2012),Stiflers Mom  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Oh no you didn't...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (16-01-2012),Pinkzy  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post

*gets up on high horse* well I actually recycle my old paper towels and, once dried, fashion them into a bag shaped basket. Then I collect the poo in that. Once thats done, I leave it to dry and then crush it all up and add it to my garden. Fabulous!

you hilarious b!tch.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry, OP - I think it was a little OTT too - but you have a very good excuse on the hormonal front!

What you have written that you said comes across as a little finger wagging to me. I think you're perfectly within your rights to ask for it in a different bag, but to my mind a nicely said "Excuse me - could you please put the meat in a separate bag, as the containers are leaky?" or something like that - all with a smile - would suffice.

The bit about unborn babies seems a bit dramatic, and I can imagine that to a teenager that would be a potential (hopefully secret) eye roll moment.

I remember as a teenager that as soon as my mum said anything bordering on dramatic/ exaggerated it would be instant switch off for me. The eye roll would emerge, and I'd usually say something like "Ugh. You are SO melodramatic." And then flounce off (UN-melodramatically, of course) to my room.

It's not necessarily that it didn't contain any truth - just that it sounded as if it was said in a way for maximum dramatic effect!

And this is going way off topic.. but... erm... is it not okay to put poo in a bin? What else do you do with your nappy sacks? Or cat litter tray stuff (bagged up first)? Sorry... one for a different thread maybe!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

naebie  (16-01-2012)