+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    The OP didn't yell at the checkout chick, didn't accuse the checkout chick of trying to kill her baby, she only stated the possible consequences of her actions.
    If the checkout chick was a teen, then chances are that she had no idea about the possible consequences.
    Personally, if I'd been a checkout chick as a teen, and someone had said this to me, I would have appologised profusely, repacked all the items and would have been grateful that someone had brought it to my attention.
    Well *IMO* and it seems a few other people, it was OTT.

Whether you agree or disagree isnt my issue...

She asked, she got an answer...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe if the checkout girl was doing her job properly or had any common sense the OP would not have had to say anything ( leaking raw chicken in plastic! this is why I don't buy meat from supermarkets!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe leaky chicken shouldn't have been purchased...

Okay, well since we know that's its okay to treat checkout chicks like sh1t guess we can get on with our lives...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

Californication  (16-01-2012),ComeBackKid  (16-01-2012),emzluvbub  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    If you said it politely then I would say you were right on to say something. I'm another that's anal about this sort of thing (and have to repeatedly tell register girls to stop putting meat and cheese/bread together ) and I'm not even pg. If I was the Obsessive Meter goes wayyyy up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I rarely buy meat from the supermarket but if I ever do I make sure it's not leaking. Leaky raw chicken

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was THE BEST!! checkout chick, always had ppl compliment how i packed their bags haha who would have thought sp many ppl care how theyre packed, I for one do. always been #1 with bag packing and would never EVER put raw meats and that together.
    I cant believe some of the checkout ppl that cant pack for sht!! didnt their mothers ever teach them. even when i put food onto the conveyer i group it all just incase theyre a bit DUH in the head and cant pack

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont think there is a problem with what you said. Maybe a little bit about killing unborn babies. I think it all comes down to how you said it, and I wasnt there so I don't know. I would like to give the checkout chick the benefit of the doubt and say maybe she most likely didn't purposely put them together in the bag with the intent to kill and unborn child, and possibly she was new or flustered or just had a brain fart (happens to everyone) or just simply innocently didn't know and was never taught properly. If my mum had done that when I was 18 I woqld have been embarrassed yes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kb90 View Post
    i was THE BEST!! checkout chick, always had ppl compliment how i packed their bags haha who would have thought sp many ppl care how theyre packed, I for one do. always been #1 with bag packing and would never EVER put raw meats and that together.
    I cant believe some of the checkout ppl that cant pack for sht!! didnt their mothers ever teach them. even when i put food onto the conveyer i group it all just incase theyre a bit DUH in the head and cant pack
    I agree, I have some great ones at our local supermarket we see all the time but I'm sick of putting up with inferior service , it seems to be getting worse either do your job properly or get another one or train your staff properly in the first place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ...do you know how many people touch your juice containers in their travels from warehouse to your fridge? How many people sneeze over them whilst sitting on the shelves or grubby kids who haven't washed their hands touch them while not being supervised by their parents?

--- If you are germ phobic - go home and WASH EVERYTHING you buy at the shops!!

seriously though...

If you are concerned about food poisoning don't buy leaky unsealed produce - simple -- maybe a trip to the butchers to buy meat and only meat is the safest way to go?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (16-01-2012),ComeBackKid  (16-01-2012),naebie  (16-01-2012),Pinkzy  (16-01-2012),Purple Lily  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Maybe if the checkout girl was doing her job properly or had any common sense the OP would not have had to say anything ( leaking raw chicken in plastic! this is why I don't buy meat from supermarkets!)
    Checkout girls are not trained how to pack your bags and guess what NO not everyone knows about food etiquette. A gentle comment is all that is needed to tell them that hey maybe thats not a good idea. Most of these girls are mid teens most of them have NO idea about any of this stuff. Its not their fault and people attacking them over things they have never been shown or taught isnt gonna help anyone

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (16-01-2012),Californication  (16-01-2012),emzluvbub  (16-01-2012)