+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Success on IVF #1?

Hi ladies!

I am starting my first IVF treatment in just under a week and was looking for some positive stories.

I would like if you could tell me if your first IVF was successful, and by successful I mean you got your baby . I would also really appreciate it if you could tell your reasons for doing IVF/fertility problems.

I'm doing IVF due to 'unexplained infertility' which was diagnosed after 2 years of trying. DH is fine with great numbers and decent sperm, however I HAD a few problems stopping us from getting pregnant, but my surgery semi permanently fixed them. I still feel as though we aren't unexplained, I feel that it is still me holding us back.

I know that I shouldn't pin my hopes on IVF working for us first go, but I'm sure it's something you can't help. I finally feel like we have a real chance of getting our baby and will no doubt be upset if it doesn't work first try. Doesn't mean I will give up though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I have had 3 perfect IVF cycles so far but without success at the end of 2ww. We did IVF due to MFI, DH's count is low to get me pregnant though it is still possible (we had DS when I was 29 and a miscarriage 2010 naturally conceived) but about 1% chance given by our FS. But after 3 cycles, our new FS said we could produce embryos but probably crappy ones, which we have no idea if it was due to egg or sperm or both contributing the crappiness.

I would your chance is high, not that I am putting your hopes up, but you are very young which makes it really really great for you, and your DH's condition is perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney,

I don't have a story to tell although I just thought if say good luck hope your first one is a sticky one!! :-)
    We are just waiting for some results from another SA done today as his last two have shown high poor abnormal sperm & we are just over 12 months ttc...
    But could very well be joining you soon! We are looking at possibly doing IVF in march :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There, I have had only two transfers and both have been sucessful and I now have two healthy boys.

My DH has very low sperm and I have PCO.

It can happen for you to (getting lucky first go), just try and be as healthy as you can, I cut out all naughtly stuff like coffee, alcohol etc a few months before and during and DH did the same (while whinging!) he also took some supplements etc.

Prior to my second child I also did accupuncture, DH doesn't think that made any difference but I think it did as I also got 5 blastocysts in the freezer whereas last time only one made it to blastocysts.

Good luck hope it works well for you too. I also have a friend in IRL who was unexplained and she also got lucky first go and had a boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not me but a very close friend of mine had IVF and is now 9 weeks away from birthing after first go.
    Without giving away too much info, it wasnt that they couldnt get pregnant, it was keeping it that was the trouble!
    It really depends on the TYPE of infertility.
    Good luck

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!

It's nice to know that it CAN happen! I just hope it happens to me

butterfli - I have PCOS which would contribute to our problems some, although I was told it was only mild, plus I am regular.

MARTTC - I hope you get your BFP before you start the IVF journey! I myself am still technically in with the chance of not needing IVF either. I am about 9DPO of my one and only Clomid cycle, but not holding my breath!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bumping as I should be due to start my very first IVF treatment in 2 days and am looking for positive stories as I am FREAKING OUT !!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my BFF got a bfp first go and had a DS,....she has PCOS, her husband had no problems, she had never been pg before in her life, she was 35 yo at the time. LOL i hated her..i was soooooooo jealous

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD1 was a result of our first fresh embryo transfer. Hubby had great sperm, I had moderate endo. I had a laparoscopy a month before starting IVF so it was totally removed. I was on crinone after my fresh transfer.

We got 9 embryos from our egg pick up. DD2 was a result of our 3rd frozen embryo transfer. I had a chemical pregnancy on our first FET, then a miscarriage from our second FET. After the miscarriage I had a curette. I started acupuncture about 2 weeks after the curette and had 4 sessions of acupuncture over 4 weeks and then had my third FET, where I had pre and post sessions of acupuncture on the day of transfer. I also used progesterone pessaries with my third FET. I got a BFP, which resulted in DD2.

Good luck. It can be a very stressful journey, but its totally worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney Baby

We got our BFP on our very first IVF cycle. We now have an 8 month old daughter. We also got very lucky on our very first FET cycle and are now pregnant with DD2's little brother or sister.

I have PCOS.