+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default EVA toxic foam playmats - any alternatives?

So I am constantly hearing that those spongy interlocking playmats contain toxic chemicals of formamide / EVA with some european countries (Belgium & France) banning their use.

Anyone know of an alternative to these mats?

We've been using our foam playmats bought from bunning warehouse for at least 2-3 months now, but I won't hesitate in throwing them away for the safety of my little bubs (who is now 8 months). I do however require something soft to cushion bubs falls and stumbles now that he is more mobile these days.

I know they sell large expensive baby mats at the baby shops for over $200. Are these safe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine from Clark rubber, they were a bit more expensive but don't contain that stuff. When i went in and asked about it though, they werent sure so got the head office to send me an email with the test results.
    I think they were about 9-10 dollars per piece and one piece measures about 50x50 cm.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the Bubba Mat (cost me under $200 last year) and they are safe (apparently).

There's no smell to them and we really love ours, goes well in the house and provides really good cushioning as we have floorboards.

If its something you think you'll get some long term use out of - I'd invest in one...