+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for all the replies ladies. I see the midwife on Tuesday so will take my full weeks test results with me. I did do the testing an hour after and it was only a little bit higher then my 2hour results. I'm not on insulin and hoping that I dont have to.
    Just got my fingers crossed that the low results mean i'm eatting okay but i'm also adding a little bit more sugar so I dont start feeling sick to (which im craving anyways). I've been writing down what I've been eating to I can show the midwife.
    I tested my husbands last night and he's was 2.0 higher then me and we'd eatten the same thing. Its all so confusing but hopefully sorted on Tuesday.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was like you in my 2nd pregnancy. The Glucose Tolerance Test just shows that if you have pure sugar what your body does with it. It doesn't actually reflect what your blood sugars are like on a usual day - that's what the finger prick testing is for. My understanding is that your Glucose Tolerance Test can be just in the GD range and yet your finger prick sugars can be really high, or you could be well into the GD range on the initial test and have good finger prick sugars. Diet & exercise (and presumably an element of genetics) play a big role in what your actual finger prick sugars are.

Having said all that in my 1st pregnancy I did 'everything' right and yet my sugars 2 hours after breakfast were 8 - 10. Didn't matter how much I ate or exercised (although due to health issues I couldn't exercise much). I ended up on insulin 3 times a day with meals.

Then in my 2nd pregnancy my sugars were 4 - 5 most of the time ... until I got to about 38 weeks when they sneaked up, but my Endocrinologist said not to worry about starting insulin by that stage, he just wanted my Ob to deliver me early instead. I had my bub at 39+3 weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

mandi85  (22-04-2012)