+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Awkward situation..

I was out having lunch with a some friends and DH, and mentioned that I was having my first ultrasound next week. My dear best friend was excited for me and asked if she could come with us. I felt put on the spot and said yeah, ofcourse (it was in front of everyone and I just didn't know what else to say).
    But both DH and I don't want anyone else there besides the two of us and our son; I feel it's a private occasion, we will be hearing the heartbeat for the first time, finding out crucial info etc, and as much as I love my bestie to death, I just wanted it to be us.
    How do I tell her when she's excited about coming? I don't want to embarrass her or hurt her feelings, but don't know what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She'll understand.

Explain it and promise she'll be the first person you call after and you'll bring her pics.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Izy  (12-01-2012),Mod-xkwzit  (12-01-2012),RobinSparkles  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe tell a little white lie and say they only allow one person in with you..

inkognito is offline Moving on is simple, its what you leave behind which makes it hard
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha74 View Post
    Maybe tell a little white lie and say they only allow one person in with you..
    yep this is what I was going to say... A lot of places will only let one person in with you anyway...

Having that said if you dont want to lie to her, Just be honest and say what you have written here, Im sure she will understand

good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep tell her a white lie.
    Besides some places actually do only allow one person to go in with you, some don't even allow kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    how old is your son? if he's young and likely to get bored and fidgety let her come along and if DS plays up get her to take him for a walk so you and DH can see the whole scan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Izy  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say after having a chat with your DH, the two of you decided that you'd like that moment just for the two of you. Perhaps she could come to another u/s? When I was pregnant with my DD, we went and got the non medical 4D ultrasound as a special momento (I was about 27 weeks I think). There was seating for 10 people, so I invited my besties, my Nan, sister and Mum (and DF was there too of course). It was very special to share that with my friends, and at that stage we had seen bubs lots, as well as established that all was going well.

Our local hospital only allows one person in to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    She'll understand.

Explain it and promise she'll be the first person you call after and you'll bring her pics.
    Definitely this. I would understand if I were her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'd blame my husband lol

seriously though she shouldn't have asked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had that happen to me, so when I got the date and time for the ultrasound I rang her and told her the appointment was at 4:30 when it was in fact at 1:30. I rang her at 12 knowing she wouldn't be able to make it in time and said they had just rung and asked me to come in early. Small white lie but it saved some heartache and drama