+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh geez I hate hate hate baby showers, tupperware parties, hen parties Unless its one of my close friends I flat out refuse to go. And all my friends know this...

I would tell your friend how you feel and see what she says, i think if she really wants your support she would be happy to put both your names on the card.

And then start letting your friends know how much you hate these occasions lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    In your situation, all things would point to me not going...

However if I did go to support a friend, I'd ask if I could kick in $10 to her present and get my name on the card. Easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also detest these things! They r purely for the presents. I don't believe in celebrating anything before it occurs. In this situation I probably wouldn't attend as she isn't a close friend. If she was I would buy something small for her not baby as I think it's bad luck to receive gifts before it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't go if I didn't know her but if you do, take a present for the mum, not the baby if she's already had one. Some massage oil or something like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    u can change your mind. your friend will hafto either decline herself or go and deal with it. its not really your problem.

id hate for people who would resent me for having a shower to turn up. that just puts a bad vibe on the whole day.
    Totally agree. I would tell my friend i can no longer attend, thank her for the invite and go about my own business. It can be tricky when you feel guilted into doing something you aren't entirely comfortable with.

On the other hand, you could take the leap and go, you might meet some new people and have a good time. Sometimes just getting out of our comfort zones can make for a fun time.