+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ok girls I REALLY need your help making a decision PLEASE

Honestly if money wasn't an issue which would you choose for 2 children of different ages. The bugaboo donkey or the baby jogger city select? I will have a newborn and a 23 month old.
    I want a bassinet and the donkey comes with one so wouldn't have to buy separately (this is correct isn't it). The only thing that worries me is the fold on the bugaboo looks quite big. Does anyone know about double fold on the BJCS? I will have a ford territory so I don't think boot space will be any problem though. They are about the same weight. My kids are small so won't have problems about children fitting into the seats (my four year old is only just 16kgs).

So which would you get? Honestly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd buy an iCandy peach blossom
    But of the above two - Bugaboo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is the Donkey here in Australia yet? I wish the Donkey was out when I bought the Cameleon, as I went and bought the Twoo seat and toddler board for the Bugaboo, would have been so much easier and more economical if they had the Donkey out first.

I honestly don't know much about the Baby Jogger city Select, but I know with the Bugaboos, I absolutely loved having the Basinette for the newborn.

As you mentioned, for me a big deciding factor is also the folding and boot space, it's absolutely pointless buying a pram that is so cumbersome etc it won't fit in your boot, so if you're able to view the prams prior and test out in your boot, that's always a good thing too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bugaboo. Yes the fold is bulky but it will fit in your territory.
    I hated the BJCS, felt like a tank to drive and was soooo long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleIsleSMum View Post
    I'd buy an iCandy peach blossom
    But of the above two - Bugaboo
    I don't like how in the icandy peach once child sits underneath. Hence why I am looking at the BJCS and the donkey otherwise that would be on the list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know much about the donkey but the review I watched highlighted some not so great things (for me)

I think the biggest difference in the two prams would be the single mode. I have a nearly 2.5y age gap and DS goes to day care so I often use the pram as a single.

In single mode for the donkey the basket just looks d!cky. It still looks wide - it doesn't look like you could hang your nappy bag over the handle? But then you would just put it in the basket?

It does look a lot shorter than the bjcs. This is one downside of the bjcs when you have 2 seats on it

The fold - oh wow - the donkey doesn't fold flat and is a few processes. To fold the bjcs I take seats off then lift the levers on the sides and fold - 2 step very easy process and it folds very flat.

Cs also has capsule attachment option which I found fantastic having 2 and needing to get in and out of the car often.

I like the look of the donkey as a double and I think it would be great for a small age gap where both kids would be in the pram all the time.

I'm in love with my bjcs so I'm very biased.

Have you had a look at the youtube reviews? I found these really helpful when researching the different double prams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bugaboo Donkey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Donkey! But then I am biased because that is what I chose.

It was really important to me to have both children side by side. I am currently using it in mono mode with the basket. The basket may look a bit silly but it is so useful. I place my nappy bag in it so can grab drinks/food easily for my daughter. Or she can get them herself if left in reach. I also love that I can do a small grocery shop, place items in the basket and take it inside with me when I get home.

I am yet to use it in double mode. I can see already though that it will take up a lot of room in my hatch. Currently the frame and the seat taken off use up most of my boot room. I would have to fit another seat in the back of the car, prob on the floor. So it will be squishy with two car seats and the donkey seat at their feet. This is a small price to pay for the brilliance of this pram though.

In mono mode it is the width of the chameleon and in double mode it is six inches wider. I think it would be problematic in shopping centres in double mode and there would be some places you would not be able to access due to width. The steering helps negotiate tight spaces, it basically turns on itself.

It is a reasonable weight to lift into the car. It is a bit difficult to lift in and out of the car due to the way it folds but once you get the hang of it then it's ok. Once you take it apart and have the wheels correctly set it folds relatively flat. Like most bugabbos it is hard to fold at first due to stiffness. The same goes from converting from mono to duo. However once you have done it a few times it becomes easy.

I should mention I had the bugaboo bee before which I loved. If I had to pick between the two though the donkey would win every time. Surprising since the main reason I picked the bee was it's compact size, light weight and simple fold. My daughter loves the donkey so that is a big selling point too.

If you buy the donkey in double mode you get a bassinet and extra seat.

Good luck with your choice

Thanks
    Reviews
    So if I buy a donkey mono mode and an extension duo kit do I get the bassinet? The don't have the duo they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was looking into double prams as my DS will be 2.5 exact when my #2 is born. I found the baby jogger city select to not have enough leg room for DS (he is on the tall side). I have a Bugaboo now and found the Donkey to be too expensive.
    I have decided not to get a double pram (instead I bought an Ergo for the newborn and will put DS in the trolley or stroller when out.) However I did look into the Mountain Buggy double prams and they looked great in comparision to the Bugaboo (fraction on the cost). If I struggle with DS and the newborn when going out, I will get one of the Mountain buggies for sure. (the Duo or the +one, I am not sure yet):
    http://mountainbuggy.com/en/buggies/double