+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ideas for 10th Anniversary Present for DH

Its our 10th wedding anniversary at the end of the month and I'm stuck for present ideas. We don't usually do anniversary presents - DH usually cooks a nice meal after the kids have gone to bed and we open a nice bottle of wine, but this year I'd like to give him something for our 10th.

Apparently the traditional gift for a 10th anniversary is Tin or Aluminium - WTF! Who thought that one up?

So I am stuck. He doesn't wear jewelry so a necklace or dog tags are out (a friend suggested this) as I don't think he'd wear them. He doesn't wear a watch either.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm facing the same situation: 10th anniversary in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking of paying for an animal experience at our local zoo or dreamworld. He loves tigers, and lemurs and those cute little marmosets. Adores them. So I was thinking of paying for him to get to feed them/pat them/photo experience. Or to go on the morning walk with the tigers. That would make his year.

Another idea I had was a leather bound notebook and get the logo/design he's used since high school made up in silver and attach it to the front.

He also loves dragons so i was considering getting dragon cufflinks made up.

I'm still undecided though and running out of time.

All this thought from me, and I know he'll get me, at best, flowers.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    subscribing - me and dh's 10yr anniversary this year (not wedding just together) and I have no idea what to get him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sprattiart do wonderful caricatures, and they are awesome for anniversary gifts. I got one for my hubby. Best present I have ever bought.

Happy anniversary!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini85 For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (13-01-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini85 View Post
    Sprattiart do wonderful caricatures, and they are awesome for anniversary gifts. I got one for my hubby. Best present I have ever bought.

Happy anniversary!
    how much was it?

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottySocks View Post
    Its our 10th wedding anniversary at the end of the month and I'm stuck for present ideas. We don't usually do anniversary presents - DH usually cooks a nice meal after the kids have gone to bed and we open a nice bottle of wine, but this year I'd like to give him something for our 10th.

Apparently the traditional gift for a 10th anniversary is Tin or Aluminium - WTF! Who thought that one up?

So I am stuck. He doesn't wear jewelry so a necklace or dog tags are out (a friend suggested this) as I don't think he'd wear them. He doesn't wear a watch either.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?
    There is a modern list as well as the traditional list, and the 10th year is diamond Way better than tin IMO!

Does he play any sport or have specific hobbies?

Would he wear fancy cufflinks? Tiffany have really nice cufflinks, you can get a pair for a couple of hundred. Or maybe a nice engraved money clip.

Or a holiday? You could get him an experience present

How exciting, congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was pretty expensive, about $300. But totally worth it. I'll try post a pic of the one I had done to show you the detail he puts into them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First chance to get back and say thanks for the ideas.

The holiday was a great suggestion - but it's my 40th later in the year and we have a trip away already planned for then!

I think I have decided to get some family photo's taken professionally, it's something we have talked about but never actually got round to doing. Have found a local lady and for $150 she will spend a couple of hours with us at the local council gardens - lots of trees & greenery and places to sit, & places for the kids to play and run around. She will put all the photo's on a disc and we can choose what we want to get printed ourselves plus keep the disc.

Have also dropped lots of hints that tin can be gold plated! Although as Witwicky said the idea of diamond is much better! Not sure out budget will stretch that far at the moment! Might have to wait a few more years.

Cheers for the ideas!