+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lady at Epping Plaza today...

On the off chance you're in Bubhub land, I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for coming up to me today while I stood in the middle of a packed food court in tears with everyone staring at me thanks to that rude old woman who poked my shoulder and yelled "Why don't you learn how to control your child" while I sat on my own with DD who was having a tantrum.
    I'd already had such a bad day and that was just the final straw. It was silly of me but I got all riled up and followed her to give her a piece of my mind, but she just yelled over me. I was in a bit of a trance I think, I'm sorry I didn't respond more clearly, but your reassurance was very much needed. There are good people still out there after all.

Most humiliating moment of my life today. I've never felt more like I had absolutely no clue what I was doing as a parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wasn't me, but I just wanted to give lots of

What a mean old lady. And the truth is that NONE of us really know what we're doing as parents. We all just make it up as we go along, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Hope you're able to have a more relaxing afternoon.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, you poor thing! Wasn't me but would have helped if i witnessed it. I just came home from there myself, that place is crazy at the moment and always seems to be riddled with rude people, have had a couple of experiences myself ! Hugs xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to summerstar For This Useful Post:

laurea  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is sad that rude old women like that don't remember what it was like when they had children.....thats if they have had children

to the nice lady for her support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone... I knew bubhub would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Wasn't me, but I just wanted to give lots of

What a mean old lady. And the truth is that NONE of us really know what we're doing as parents. We all just make it up as we go along, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Hope you're able to have a more relaxing afternoon.
    So true, it's so hard to remember sometimes though. Especially put on the spot like that i'm relaxing with a coffee now but I'm so tired from the whole experience.

Quote Originally Posted by summerstar View Post
    OMG, you poor thing! Wasn't me but would have helped if i witnessed it. I just came home from there myself, that place is crazy at the moment and always seems to be riddled with rude people, have had a couple of experiences myself ! Hugs xx
    Sorry to hear that First time anything like that has ever happened to me there, I mean I get rude looks sometimes but seriously who do these people think they're helping sticking their nose in another parent's business??

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Poppers View Post
    It is sad that rude old women like that don't remember what it was like when they had children.....thats if they have had children

to the nice lady for her support.
    That's exactly what the woman who came up and comforted me said. The rude one was all "I'm a grandmother and my children never behaved like that" when I tried to speak to her... Whatever lady. Then she ran away If you're going to be so rude to someone at least have the guts to let the other person say something!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg I had a similar shopping trip today where a cranky old lady told me to control my child during a tantrum. Followed by a lovely old lady saying 'never mind dear we've all been there'.

I snapped back at the cranky lady, 'please control your negativity'.

What do they expect us to do exactly? Turn around and say, 'oh thank you, I hadn't thought of that! I just need to control her! Brilliant. Let me just fetch my magic wand'.

I hope your day improves.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

bookwormmum  (12-01-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (12-01-2012),ShanandBoc  (13-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I often wonder if those people who think you can "control your child" have ever actually had children themselves .

Next time, reply that you would, but you have lost the remote .

Don't stress, it happens to all of us .

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

bookwormmum  (12-01-2012),MissMuppet  (12-01-2012),ShanandBoc  (13-01-2012)