+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default is it possible to conceive straight after getting off the pill?

Hi everyone,
    I'm a new user and this is my first post.
    My husband and I have just started TTC after getting back from our honeymoon (two days ago!).
    I went off the pill (levlen ED) two days ago and we DtD last night just in case it was possible to conceive straight away, but I'm not even sure that it is physically possible without having a period first. does anyone know more about this?
    As we've obviously just started on our conception journey any advice would be great!
    Thanks, Anna

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 was conceived first cycle off the pill, I never got a period

Thanks
    Reviews
    It only took 3 cycles once I stopped taking the pill and I had been on the pill for nearly 13 years! my GP recommended that we didn't start TTC until my body had gone through 1-2 cycles though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS was also conceived first cycle off the pill. It is possible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was off for 1month after being on pill for 15yrs. I only had 1 AF! Then ovulated when expected and sure enough positive before the next AF! Was so shocked, we always thought it would take months or years.

Why don't you start watching your ovulation cycles? I guess that's the sign that everything is running ok down there!

I just recorded my bbt in morning and noted when DTD. I'm glad I did now as I'm pretty sure I can pinpoint the day she was made :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I fell pregnant while still on the pill. Anything is possible. Good luck, I hope you have a little belly babe soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, as stated above it is very possible. If your ovaries happen to have an egg ready to go when you come off the pill, and your body clears out the 'left over' hormones from the pill quickly, that little egg could get jumped by a sperm straight away = no period = pregnant!It isn't usually the case,the body tends to take a few months to get back into a natural routine, but it certainly can happen.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, I stopped the pill and had one cycle, only one period, and fell pregnant with my first baby. Second time, I conceived first ovulation after stopping the pill, so no period, and I had twins. Third time I had three or four periods and was then pregnant with baby number four. It certainly can happen. Marie.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    Second time, I conceived first ovulation after stopping the pill, so no period, and I had twins.
    I've read that for those who don't have a genetic tendency towards twins, getting pregnant first month off the pill is one of your best chances at having them; they say you're more likely to release two eggs in that first cycle than at any other time .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was pregnant with DD the first cycle after stopping the pill too.

Good luck!