+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sore feet

Just wondering if anyone has a cute for cracked sore feet? I have used that razor thingy and the cream and the pummel stone thing and still not helping. So bad ATM I can't walk on on of my heels.

Plz help!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have heard that mashed up banana works really well! Haven't tried it myself, but it was on one of those all natural segments on one of the morning shows.
    Basically, just mash it up, put a thick layer on and then leave it for 5-10min.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure you wear proper shoes!! Prevention better then cure. A dr we have near work uses zinc co paste on his patients.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find in summer when I am wearing open toe shoes/sandals my feet tend to crack.
    The best thing to do is keep your feet well moisturised, especially after a bath/shower, or foot soak/spa, slather on heaps of moisturiser and put socks on overnight to help with the moisturising.

For really cracked heals and ones with the craters etc, the Pharmacy sells 'Eulactol heal balm' or cream, it's clinically proven to relieve sore, cracked or dry feet and works a treat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the sound of things I'd recommend going to a podiatrist as if they're cracked really deep and too painful to walk the usual things (balms, pumice stones,etc) will prob not work.

The podiatrist will be able to use a scalpel, sanding disk and whatever else is needed to get you back on track. After that you should be able to maintain the skin and the podiatrist will b able to tell you what to use.

Depending on where you are you might be able to access a public podiatrist at your local community health service. Otherwise on the registration website (google ahpra) you can search podiatrists in your area.

I am a podiatrist and do see this sort of thing in summertime

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nomes83 For This Useful Post:

funnymama  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah mine are cracking bad now its thongs hey? I might use eulactol gold for a week an see how it goes but the cracks are getting deep and ive never had it this bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a barefoot girl and my heels are cracked sooo badly I haven't done anything yet but I think I need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always wear thongs/open shoes in summer and get cracks in my heels so deep they bleed it's so painful I can't walk on them.
    Before bed I rub paw paw ointment into the crack and make sure I get it right into it then put a sock on then sleep with the sock on till the ointment has soaked in. Works amazing I can usually walk on my heel the next day. I also use a foot scrapper (looks bit like a carrot grater) to get all the dry skin off then rub heaps of sorborlene or body butter into my whole foot so it's covered then put a sock on and leave over night, works well at keeping cracks away, just gotta get the time and energy to do it haha!
    Oh and that eulactol heal balm really stings when the cracks are so deep they are bleeding!! Paw paw ointment dosnt hurt half as much, it is good for keeping the cracks away but sorborlene is cheaper and works as well

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Yep, off to a podiatrist for you if they're so bad that it's painful to walk on. Poor thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't use eulactol on bleeding cracks. It says on the box!