+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need some encouragement and confidence..... please!

right, my head is everywhere at the moment so sorry if i go on and on and on....

trying to TT my DD2 at the moment and its doing my head in.

She has been well and truly ready for TT for at leat 4-6 weeks. i started TT her on mon and she did 2 wees in the toilet (screaming and crying tho!!!) and then 2 wees again yesterday in the toilet (again, screaming and crying wanting to get off) and nothing but on the tiles today. she is totally terrified of weeing and pooing in the toilet but will happily sit on the toilet naked for ages. shes done this for at least a month.

i try to encourage her and praise her when she has done it but tell her calmly when she has done it on the floor that she has to wee and poo in the toilet and she just says NO! and then when she wees on the floor she says "Mum! wee wee!!" and runs to the toilet. she can even hold and run to the toilet (or me) and say wee wee but is too scared to actually do one in the toilet.

i am just stuck at the moment. i can't put a nappy on her either. she just rips it right off and runs away. even if shes wearing shorts or a skirt over it. she just wants knickers or nothing on.

i'm also preg so very exhausted while also looking after my 3yo as well.... i have a scan on fri and even tho i dont want to put a nappy on her when we go out (cos that will obviously confuse her, right???) i think its the best thing...? now, thats IF she doesnt try and take it off. otherwise, i'll haev to bring lots of spare clothes!

so unfortunately (or fortuntaely???) theres no turning back. they say that CONSISTANCY is the best thing. but sometimes, i'm just so unsure... i know its only the 3rd day but DD1 was completely TT in 3 days. i also know i shouldnt compare the 2 tho... DD2 is very head strong.

i also know that the best thing for me is to be patient, be calm and be consistant and persistant.

is there anyone out there that can pleeeeeeease give me some encouragement to keep going. i know the worse thing i can do is turn back....

please help!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or.......... should i just pull the plug and wait another month or so???
    but in the meantime, keep putting her on the toilet to get rid of her fears....???

any suggestions/response are most welcome!!

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    have you tried her on the potty? i havent been through this yet but i had a friend who didnt like the splash haha maybe shes the same, or put off by there being water in it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She might be afraid of the toilet so I would personally try a potty to see if that has a better result and she will be able to go on her own as its lower then if she takes to the potty you could slowly progress back to the toilet. I found a sticker chart worked for my DD. She got one sticker for wees & 2 stickers for poo on the toilet. But the part sheliked best was being able to choose her own sticker & put it on the chart as it gave her the independence

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We tried putting stickers on the potty, letting her colour in on the potty/toilet, wrapping a present and telling her she can have it when she does her wee, singing silly songs (her favourite is Polly put the poo-poo on ). And a lovely idea i picked up from here, we talk about the Poo Party where all the poos go when yo uflush them away /

Not sure how old your dd2 is tho, she might be a little young for some of those. ATM we are just about there but she has been freaking out all week about poos, so we have a wrapped pressie waiting on the shelf, to be presented once we have 'success'

Good luck! Hope some of that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone but i've pulled the plug for now... i'll try again in another month or so. i tried stickers, bubbles, toys etc. she is fine and still wants to sit on the toilet but not to do a wee or poo. i'll pull out the potty and see what she thinks of it...

thanks anyways! and wish me luck for later!!