+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you be angry by this ????

So when DP and i met i had males on my facebook that i had gone to school with for many many years!!! Never had any relationships with any of them they were purely friends. Anyway he wanted me to delete them all, told me there was no reason to have them on their and the list of excuses goes on and on... So to shut him up i done it, the ONLY males left were family members.

Well tonight im sitting on the PC in the lounge room while he is in the bedroom playing his ONLINE xbox game with the laptop.. I notice all of a sudden in that bit on the right under where you click on home etc that it says "DP is now friends with such and such" (no names used)
    Anyway interested in who this girl was as i had never heard her name mentioned once i clicked on it too see what came up. I went into him and said "whos such and such" to which i get a reply of ohhh checking up on me are you ? i said no it came up on the side part and i have never heard the name mentioned once in our 9 yr relationship. He then goes on to tell me that it was someone he was talking to through the mic that was also playing in the game. So i say right so how did that eventuate to you adding her on facebook? to which he says " oh she sent me a msg asking if i have fb" so obviously he gave it too her!!!!
    he then proceeds to say ohhh stop getting jealous etc etc, i said this has nothing to do with that, this has got to do with the fact that i was MADE to delete every single male except family off my fb and now here you are adding random female strangers?? how is that fair ?
    He does not understand what im saying at all, he proceeds to get all huffy and puffy with me and then trys to turn it back onto me, i said to him this has got NOTHING to do with me what so ever this is about the pure fact that you made me delete ppl of the opposite sex and then you go and do purely that and its ok for that to happen!!!

Im so angry!!!
    how would you feel about this ??? dont look at jealousy in any way this is 100% got do with this one way street!!!

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, that seems unfair. I'd be asking questions too. Its a double standard.

I'd have been uncomfortable with the initial 'delete all males' request too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its double standards. I would be p!$$ed off too after being told to delete all male friends, then he's adding some random girl big in my books.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonGecko For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't have deleted the male friends/acquaintances at the beginning. He should trust you.

And yes that's double standard I would be angry in your position too!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibranTwin For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (11-01-2012),Jemma87  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    he doesnt see it for what it is he sees it as me being jealous!!! which is not the case!!! This is about the double standards!!! GRRRR just wish he got get his friggin head around that!!!
    i asked him how he would feel if it was me that done that to which i got no reply... funny that!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gas lighting . Isn't that what the term was the other day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (13-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have been furious if my partner asked me to delete friends from Facebook like that. Never mind the double standard, what about the lack of trust and respect that is implied by you're not being allowed to have male Facebook friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (11-01-2012),Mulva  (13-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HE is the jealous type!!! But has turned it around to make me out to be the jealous one!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Gas lighting . Isn't that what the term was the other day.
    gas lighting ?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "Gaslighting is a term, often used by mental health professionals, to describe manipulative behavior used to confuse people into thinking their reactions are so far off base that they’re crazy."

Personally, and it's probably a little immature, but I would re-add all the male friends I deleted and if he has something to say about that, then bad luck!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

delirium  (13-01-2012),Luna Lovegood  (13-01-2012)