+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hopefully the older he gets, the easier it'll get.

I refuse to hold him down and force the toothbrush in his mouth, I've done that once (regrettably) and I will absolutely never put my baby boy through that again He was hysterical and didn't sleep until after midnight that night.

Slowly getting better, in my opinion *any* brushing is better than none

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I refuse to hold him down and force the toothbrush in his mouth
    We don't do that either Pinkzy. Last time I was at the Dr's I asked if they had any tips and they said to just keep persevering but not to force it because it can be more harmful because they can then associate it negatively. Like you said, just have to hope they grow out of it soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    We don't do that either Pinkzy. Last time I was at the Dr's I asked if they had any tips and they said to just keep persevering but not to force it because it can be more harmful because they can then associate it negatively. Like you said, just have to hope they grow out of it soon!
    I absolutely agree. The couple of weeks after that were really bad with brushing his teeth as he was quite frightened. At least he's slowly improving with it and hopefully before long he'll let me brush those toothy-pegs properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We sing the "Brush your peggies" song while brushing and DD 4&1/2 years sings it all now and DD20 months loooves brushing her teeth!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I refuse to hold him down and force the toothbrush in his mouth, I've done that once (regrettably) and I will absolutely never put my baby boy through that again He was hysterical and didn't sleep until after midnight that night.

Slowly getting better, in my opinion *any* brushing is better than none
    Just wanted to clarify I do hold DD2 down, BUT she isn't upset by it. She laughs and wiggles free...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Serioust question...How do you sing while brushing?

DD tries to talk sometimes while I brush her teeth so I tell her to shoosh as it prevents her teeth from actually being brushed.

And if DF tries talking to me while I'm brushing mine, if I try talking back, then I sound a little bit.....*insert whatever word you wanna use that wont offend you* ......................can't talk with a mouth full of paste and spit and bubbles and a brush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't sing while I brush my teeth but I often hum the Little Spanish Flea song whilst brushing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannonigans View Post
    Serioust question...How do you sing while brushing?

DD tries to talk sometimes while I brush her teeth so I tell her to shoosh as it prevents her teeth from actually being brushed.

And if DF tries talking to me while I'm brushing mine, if I try talking back, then I sound a little bit.....*insert whatever word you wanna use that wont offend you* ......................can't talk with a mouth full of paste and spit and bubbles and a brush.
    We take turns singing - I sing with eldest DD while we brush lioness teeth and then eldest brushes hers while we sing ;-) makes it fun too!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I do the "ya brush ya teeth sch sch sch sch, ya brush ya teeth sch sch sch sch sch sch" song. Also I brush my teeth at the same time and let him copy me. Since he was little (like 1-ish) I've let him just chew on a tooth brush in the shower or bath, no toothpaste. But now he can spit, and loves spitting He has tooth paste.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh boy! We tried eveything with dd2, eventually we had to literally pin her to the floor while we did a quick scrub , she used to . Then one night we tried it in front of the TV and she was so distracted it worked

Though i could follow the method i heard a mum talking about not so long ago. It doesn't really matter if you don't brush them, they get a whole new set when they are 7 anyway