+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    Dinner, bath, Charlie & Lola, bed.
    I was thinking "Charlie and lola? you have three kids, why do you only bath two?"

Time for my bedtime routine, i think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2 hours - that's a veerryyyyy long dinner, quiet play while I clean up, bath together - often 30 minutes, books, boob, sleep ...

*** end of transmission ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    According to a sleep program I have read, the bedtime routine should only be 20mins which I think is impossible. This is what I do and it works well;
    5.30 dinner
    6.00 bath
    6.30 quiet play/cuddles
    7.00 read a book,bedtime

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds is 9months our routine is dinner at 5.30 which usually takes 30 mins play time 6.00-6.20 then bath, bf, in his cot settled by 7

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    According to a sleep program I have read, the bedtime routine should only be 20mins which I think is impossible. This is what I do and it works well;
    5.30 dinner
    6.00 bath
    6.30 quiet play/cuddles
    7.00 read a book,bedtime
    I'm pretty sure that 20 minutes would be from after they are fed, bathed, in pjs, teeth brushed, ready to hop into bed. If that's the case it still wouldn't work here. Our story time is an hour. We read a chaper (currently Harry Potter) each night and that's my 8yo reading and me listening, plus discussions to clarify different things. But when we were on picture books, it would be about 20 minutes from the time she was ready to get into bed to the time she was asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD is only 5.5mo so it's pretty basic. She's just starting solids, so usually she has some food, a bath, then depending on how long she's been up some quiet play, then we read a short story in her room with the lights low, then wrap and in bed. She'll typically take between 5-15min to actually go to sleep. All up from eating her solids to being asleep is less than an hour.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma inky View Post
    Ours is a long one too... DS1 is 22 months and DS2 is 14 weeks...

Feed DS2 so DS1 can have nice quiet diner and concentrate on eating, around 6.
    At about 630 we have play time, WILD play time to use up all his extra energy after diner and feed DS2 wrap him up and pop him into bed.
    Have a bath or shower around 730pm and then read books until 8.
    Into bed for DS1 and hold his hand until he falls asleep, up to 45mins later. DS2 wakes for another feed at 830 there abouts, so if DS1 is not asleep and hubby is not home from work to take over, all hell brakes loose!
    If I know hubby won't be home I lay both of them in bed with me and hope like hell one eventually falls asleep and stops keeping the other awake!
    Then I sit on bub hub and recover from all that draining routine!
    This sounds a lot like my routine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds:dinner, treat if he ate most dinner, bath (he spends ages playing but messily quietly with toys in the bath), pyjamas and milk then into bed for a story and song and then sleep. He usually protests for a hundred more stories but that depends how tired we are and how late its managed to get lol. Dd: she is 7 months and is a total nightmare!! There is no routine. We do bath time and a massage and a feed and she is pretty relaxed but she never falls asleep. Sometimes she is crawling around on the bed for hours, wide awake, laughing, whinging, having top up feeds etc but nothing works. She is crazy. Getting her to sleep takes hours, ds whole thing takes about an hour.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one 19mnth old, and ours is around 2hours I guess.

5pm dinner
    530pm active play
    6pm bath
    630pm 'in the night garden' & milk
    7pm bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Three kids here and generally just me. They shower together either before I start cooking or in the middle of my cooking depending on what we're eating and if I can leave it or not...so between 5.30pm and 6pm. Dinner is at 6pm-6.15pm. Everyone is done by dinner at 6.40pm at latest...I clean up the kitchen why they toilet, and we brush teeth etc. (I start cleaning up the kitchen when they are still eating...our house is open plan) and then once the kitchen is clean we read a story or 2 or 3 depending on how much time is left (basically how much they've mucked around and ignored me) and in bed at 7pm.

I have found showers before dinner to make my life so much easier because they all eat at different rates and if one takes forever to eat dinner it just means they go straight to bed...I'm not waiting for one to shower the rest of them.

So 1 1/2 hrs and everything is then done for the night