+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 27 yrs old with Secondary amenorrhea & PCOS

Hello,
    This is my 1st post as I finally decided to join this site after using it as a bible and reference during my past 2 IVF attempts. Despite age being on my side my last two IVF attempts have been disasters and I am hoping for 3rd time lucky. I have been diagonised with Secondary amenorrhea & PCOS and have not had a natura period in close to 10 years.

I'm wondering if there is anyone out there similar to me who has Secondary amenorrhea & PCOS and is trying to conceive or has conceived using IVF.
    I'm feeling really alone right now and all of my friends had no issues conceiving and I have no idea to discuss my journey with. My DH is amazing and so understanding but as I am sure you know, it is not really the same.

Looking forward to hearing from ladies in similar situations if you are out there. I'm about to start cycle number 3 later this week. Please cross your fingers for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I am also 27 years old and had not had a period since I was 19. I have never been on the pill and have seen many doctors, gynacoelogists, had xrays, blood tests and they really had no medical reason for my ammenorrhoea. They simply put it down to stress and the fact that years ago I was underweight. This was very frustrating and devastating for me as I really had begun to feel as though I would never be able to conceive. The doctors advised me to go on the pill to try to get my period back for my bone health but I have refused to do that simply because it is not treating the underlying cause of my ammenorrhea. So after almost 9 years of no period at all I had just resigned to the fact that Id probably never be able to conceive. Well guess what, yesterday, just two weeks away from my 28 birthday I got my first period back in 9 years!!! I could not believe it, just like that and on its own with no help it came back. I've never been happier I really do hope I continue to get it each month. It just goes to show that you should never give up hope no matter how long it has been (look at me, 9 years!!). My advice would be not to stress about it or let it consume your thoughts because it doesn't help your chances of conceiving or getting your period back. If you are still struggling, Ovulation Induction would be able to assist you, so do not be disheartened there are always options. The most important thing I can say though is you really do need to cut out all stress from your life and truly stop stressing about it. It used to consume my thoughts, until recently I just stopped worrying about it and now my period has come back.
    One more thing which will help is ensuring that you have a very healthy diet consisting of lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and healthy fats from salmon, nuts and lean meat only. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 27 yrs old with Secondary amenorrhea & PCOS

Hi fingerscrossed84
    I was saddened to read your post. This journey can feel really isolating. am 29 with pcos and amenorrhea. I started fertility treatment when I was 27 and it's been a long journey so far. I've done multiple IUI then onto IvF cycles. I recently had my 3rd FET cycle cancel due to my last two blasts not thawing, so I about to do another EPU end November. What have your IVF stats been- eg number of follicles, eggs, embryos etc. I'd love to hear about your journey so far. I've tried all the alternative medicines with no effect. I'm not pregnant so I'm afraid I'm not an inspiring post for you but I could be a support to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am so sorry to hear your stories I am a FS who also had my shares of problems. My main passion and dedication in life is to help everybody to achieve holding a baby. A free study is being headed up by myself and ones of the key areas is in PCOS and ovulation. We have had some great success so far with patients achieving pregnancy even after many failed IVF attempts. If you are interested in participating it is free or I can help you in any way please let me know.
    Last edited by Babydoctor; 11-11-2012 at 20:38. Reason: more information