+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry your little one is suffering through this My DD#1 was the same, we had her allergy tested at 1 year (they wouldn't see us before she turned 1) and she was allergic to dairy, fish and egg. Did the allergy testing you had done come up with anything?

We also saw a dermatologist and were prescribed an ointment called Advantan Fatty Ointment (going by memory, I'm sure that's that name though). I always found that the creams dried her skin and we also used pretty much everything on the chemists shelves (QV etc. etc.) We were also told to apply the ointment, cover with dermeze and then do wet dressings. They made a huge difference to my DD's skin. If you google Royal Childrens Hospital Wet Dressings it will give you the instructions on how to do them.

Good luck, I hope you find what works for you. I spent a fortune on every miracle cure I could get my hands on and it turned out that a cream and the wet dressings and dietary changes were the "magic cure" for my DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry meant to write tablespoon... And that's for a normal tub so you could probably work on a teaspoon for a baby bath..patch test if you need to. Can't believe the natropathy wouldn't have mentioned it! Very effective in excema treatment..make sure to dab bubs dry not wipe (as I'm sure you already know xx) and moisturise him up straight away..vegetable oil is also very cheap and effective.. There is a lot to be said for natural remedies and education on natural based should be expanded.

Bleach would have been suggested to you as it is used to prevent infection in the wounds. It's a small amount per bath and very effective in reducing severity .. Stops progression xxx

Alternate... See how he reacts.

Best of luck to you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh your poor little guy! My DD is 5 months and has it. We first discovered it at around 3 months. Just before Christmas one patch got an infection and we had to use Bactroban cream to stop the infection. Apart from that we bath her in Qv flare up oil when it's really bad or just plain water with a bit of Qv gentle wash on a sponge. We use Qv cream (the one in a tub) and a tiny bit of Dermaid on any very bad patches. If we skip managing it for even one day it flares up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, You're all awesome,

i'll be giving the little man a bath with the bi-carb soda in it today, my theory with the naturopath (as much as I like her) is that she's only telling me certain things when I go and then asking me to come back, where I get more information. I've seen her 3 times now and every time she's told me to try something new which in my opinion she could have just charged for a couple of hours the first time and told me everything. It wouldn't surprise me if she eventually mentions Bi-carb soda. I've just been googling it tho and there are quite a few comments about it in relation to ezcema and I'm surprised I haven't come across it before! I honestly think ive spent over 100 hrs researching it online.

We also have a heap of Advantan fatty ointment, which works wonders and does clear it up, i'm just trying really hard this time not to use any steroid creams because I want to fix it from the inside!

@Lilpetal, your poor bubba, its even worse when it gets infected, the bleach baths that we did honestly did stop the eczema from getting infected so if you want the measurements for a bath that the hospital gave me please let me know! It just smells like a little pool so really isnt as scary as it sounds. Kai has been on oral steroid 3 times and antibiotics 5 times for infections but we've managed to avoid having it infected for a couple of months now!

@ 1979nic, Kai's allergy testing came back positive for eggs and peanuts but these havent been in our diet for 3 months now so we're trying gluten free! Its insane how many foods can trigger flare ups and almost impossible to tell. I know its just a matter of figuring it out and we'll probably (hopefully) be looking back one day amazed that we didn't clear it up sooner.. I can only hope!

I have no idea how to private message or anything on here but if anyone wants to chat further and keep each other updated on progress my email is hannac@telstrashopaltonagate.com.au.
    i'm always looking for new mums to chat to about anything too.. not always Eczema! I love how friendly everyone on here is and all your info is much appreciated.
    will also be trying MooGoo!! xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to han23 For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have a tip from my hubby for you..

A product called Protat.

You can buy it online. He's a tattoo artist and we sell it in our shop. People also come in to buy is specifically for excema as it promotes new cell growth.

Yes about naturopath wanting more coin.. Unfortunately that's what the word has come to.

We ca all do ourselves a favor by studying nutritional medicine and naturopathy.

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two eldest girls suffered from eczema. When bathing your baby you could put some oats inside a stocking (that has been previoudly washed in a mild washing powder) let the stocking with oats soak in the bath while you bath your baby in the bath water. Have you completely stopped breastfeading? If so you could try giving bubs goats milk formula and cut out all dairy products. These tips worked for me, but all babies are different. Also when my children turned 12 months i started giving them fresh goats milk from the supermarket. I hope you find a solution for your bubs soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would suggest maybe getting a hazelwood necklace. It has helped my DS a lot and it doesn't hurt to try (it looks cute too!)

ETA I've just re-read my post and I hope it doesn't come across wrong or trivialise your problem. I was just thinking that it is something else you can try.
    Last edited by Mrs Leto; 01-02-2012 at 20:19.