+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help pls mucousy poo

DD has been irritable last couple of days and last night was so uncomfortable, gassy etc
    Anyway today I noticed mucous in her poo, they have also been quite foul smelling but still the same mustard colour not green etc.

Is there something maybe going on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mucous poos usually mean an intolorance so I've heard. My ds use to have them until we discovered his cows milk protein intolorance. Is you are breast feeding try to cut out dairy to see if that helps

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS had this a few times too. Although we were never diagnosed with anything, I have limited my dairy intake since then and we haven't had anymore of those lovely nappies.

Keep an eye on it and if you're worried, take her off to the doctors. I know it's gross, but they usually want a 'sample' of these things so if she does another good one you might want to keep some
    Last edited by MilkiCuddles; 11-01-2012 at 20:00. Reason: spelling!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkiCuddles For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering if it was dairy. I had like a kilo of cauliflower and cheese bake yesterday so I thought the cauli may have made her gassy. It's so hard to know when she has been such a settled baby and I've eaten some real crap (i'm ashamed to admit!) yesterday and today she has also been spewy. When I mention this IRL people say 'oh babies spew' but mine hadn't before so it's worrying. I guess after the long journey of establishing BF I'm so scared something will go wrong!

Mumtoeli eww

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My niece had mucousy poos and they discovered that she had a dairy intolerance. She hasn't had any more mucous in her poo since my sister cut back on the dairy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with the dairy thing. I had the very same issue last week. I have cut out dairy for 2 days and it has already made such a massive difference!

Are bubs poos still seedy too? My baby had seedy green mucousy poo that changed to yellow mucous to yellow mucous but seedy and now back to seedy yellow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    I agree with the dairy thing. I had the very same issue last week. I have cut out dairy for 2 days and it has already made such a massive difference!

Are bubs poos still seedy too? My baby had seedy green mucousy poo that changed to yellow mucous to yellow mucous but seedy and now back to seedy yellow
    Haven't had any green ones just yellow and mucousy. Quite liquidy too so not as much seediness. Today they were darker yellow than usual. DD's just fallen asleep thank god poor thing has been upset all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have just had my DS finally diagnosed by a Paed today as having cows milk protein intolerance. One of the symptoms was mucous in some of the poos, as well as them becoming very smelly.

Ive been told to cut all dairy out of my diet for 2wks and see if this helps. I'm hoping it does, otherwise I'll have to switch to prescription formula and end b/f

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mucus in poo is also from when bub has a cold. They can't blow their snot out so they swallow it. With a bad cold it can be a huge snotty poo.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app