+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
    MissPoss - Ive never heard anything bad about Hoppers, had friend that lived there for several years and everytime I went up it seemed lovely.
    DH does heaps of work in Tarneit..he really hates its, the people are pretty rough and DH is horribly shy so when they yell at him and stuff he gets really uncomfortable!
    I guess I've need heard anything via word-of-mouth about Hoppers, but I saw it listed in the heraldsun recently as the number one place for break and enter crime..which surprised me. I think being so close to Werribee doesn't help. There are a few dodgy parts I wouldn't live. I love our street though. We're only renting and I desperately want to buy this house!

My inlaws still live in Tarneit, it's gotten so rough. They're in one of the newest estates and I can't believe how fast it's gone downhill. They have people playing music at ridiculous volumes at all hours, but you can't confront them because they get violent. We had the same trouble even though it was in a different part. I'd never move back there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Another quick question,are rentals hard to get in Melbourne? For example in Canberra currently you will get about 30 applicants on each house. It's a real battle to get a rental.
    Once again it depends on where you go. We tried to get a rental in the north closer to DH work, but we were up against so many people. Being a one income family went against us and we failed to be approved for over a year, even though our record and references are impeccable. When we tried in both Tarneit and Hoppers we were approved and chosen for both within 48 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In Narre Warren we are 40min from the city and we pay $350 for 3 bed room 2 bathroom 2 car garage 2 living areas (one very large) and large back yard there is a really nice brand new home 4 bedroom near me going for $400, have a look on realestate.com, I love looking at houses lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    In Narre Warren we are 40min from the city and we pay $350 for 3 bed room 2 bathroom 2 car garage 2 living areas (one very large) and large back yard there is a really nice brand new home 4 bedroom near me going for $400, have a look on realestate.com, I love looking at houses lol
    Realestate. Con is where I have been looking but have ti have an idea what to put in the search bar to look for first.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Check Realestate.com for rentals

I personally wouldn't live in Point Cook - waaaaaay to far out of the way for ME but the rentals are fairly well priced
    How far is it? I thought it was only about 30-40 mins out.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews

Sent from my iPhone
    Less on a good day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in Hoppers Crossing and really like it, I'm 10 minutes from the freeway and getting to the city takes 35-40 minutes with minimal traffic. If you lived closer to the freeway you'd be in the city in 25-30. If you have no need to go to the city, you are still close to places like Point Cook which has fantastic brand new shops (the Monday before christmas they were completely empty!), Yarraville which has a lovely village and a great independent movie theatre, and Williamstown which has beaches and restaurants...

I personally wouldn't live out East because houses are twice as far from the city for the same price as you get in the west.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Sent from my iPhone
    If your happy to live that far out of the city, why not look down south along nepean hwy.
    There are some awesome suburbs all the way along right down the Mornington Peninsula
    Once the new freeway is completed in 2013, places on the Peninsula are only going to be 30-45 mins from the city and it is an absolutely awesome place to live, I can't recommend Mornington/Mount Martha enough. I'd never ever live anywhere else in Victoria.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    Sorry Hun I meant have a look at the houses in Narre Warren on real-estate.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Epping. It's north, past preston. I've only ever lived in the northern suburbs and while I'll always DREAM about moving back to east brunswick *sigh* I've gotten used to it here and we now live in a really great location. There's a little shopping village right around the corner with a small grocer, chemist and take aways, a big shopping centre about 10 mins walk away, a park nearby. In the street we live in, the kids all know each other and ride their bikes up and down all day until it gets dark. Our neighbours put our bins in for us! There's available places in child care centres, and it's not really far away from the CBD. DF and I still drive there every weekend easily for a day/night out.
    The only bad thing I will say about the area is the health care isn't great (the northern hospital is a joke), we still see a GP in thornbury - and to avoid the area of Epping that is now estates (Lyndarum, Aurora - there's lots of people playing music at all hours of the night, teens roaming around drinking etc). Other than that it's actually not a bad place to live. We pay $340 a week for a lovely - older but lovely - big 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house with a HUGE backyard.

My dad and brother, on the other hand, live in preston, an area which is crazy expensive now and very sought after, and they have been broken in to more than 5 times and the last time, my brother was home when he heard someone trying to get in, went outside to chase the guy and the guy shot at him!! He was fine thankfully, but other people in the area have been reporting robberies/attempted robberies - it's not a safe area anymore.