+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Help please! What do you put in a cover letter for a rental application?

I have no idea? We don't live (or are moving to) an area that is widely known for people including cover letters with their applications (think regional vic) however we neeeeed a house within 30 days and the stress is starting to wear on DP.

So, I need to make our family stand out from the crowd with a very impressive cover letter- but I have no idea what to include?

HELP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have no idea, agents here wont accept applications with cover letters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    yeah, I think it's a growing trend

Ok, here's what I've got so far... I don't know if I've gone into the right details or not, or if I've waffled on too much (I have a habit of doing so... )

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing this cover letter in order to give support to our application to rent the property on *********, *******. We are doign this because we feel that the amount of information we are required to give you on our application form may not properly reflect or do justice to our level of suitability as tenants.

We have been homeowners for over 5 years now, and have recently gone into negotiations of sale after deciding that upon having twins our current residence is too small and it is not close enough to either of our families.

We both hold very secure and well paying jobs- myself at ******* Primary School as an upper school classroom teacher, and ***** as a Warehouse Operator at ***** ***** *****. I have been in my current position since 2006 (however I did take a little under 2 years off for family leave) and ***** since approximately 2000 (and before this he was in a casual role for the same position.)

We are very punctual in paying rent and are both responsible with money; we always make sure our mortgage will be securely paid every fortnight and we intend to set up a direct debit with our rental property so we can do the same there.

We are very house-proud people and presentation of our home means a lot to both of us.

Our 3 year old twins are both very well behaved and have never defaced our current house in any way. We own no pets, nor do we plan to do so any time soon.

We would sincerely like to be considered as possible applicants for the property as per the reasons above.
    Sincerely,
    ***** ***** and ***** *****
    Should I also mentioned that when I was 22, I lost some money on a bond because I failed to have a nice front lawn (despite being on tight water restrictions and that the patch they referred to was actual sand not soil? )

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were just in very similar situation and wrote a one page cover letter briefly explaining our situation (about to give birth) and a little extra background on our financial security and responsibility as tenants.

Not sure if this is a common thing, but we also offered a higher rate of rent than the asking price as we were desperate to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I reckon it is a bit long ... Good content, but just too much.

Maybe a small photo of your family and a condensed version of the letter you've drafted? After a quick intro dot points may even suffice?

Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    And did you get it? (Don't answer if you don't want to! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sounds good to me, id leave it at that.

The thing that got us this house was that we have mortgage, i sent a cope of our last loan statement.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleTime For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your letter looks really good the way it is! Try to ensure it all fits on one page. I wouldn't include the bond loss part (is there any way that can be added as a sidenote on the application?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we got accepted with our one! Signed the lease yesterday

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheWillowTree For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Congrats!