+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please help me choose between these two options!

Hi. My son (23 months) attended daycare 1-2 days per week from 7 months to 17 months overseas. We moved back to Aus. last August when he was 18 months. He attended a daycare near our house for 2 months but it was horrible. I got him into a daycare near my work, where he's been going for 3 months. I'm happy with it.
    Now we have to move because of my husband's work. I will now have a 45 minute commute down the freeway to work (still can take son to daycare) but I only go 2-3 days per week. My son is awful in the car so 1.5hrs will be rough on him (and me!).
    I could put him in a centre near our new place, but that would mean changing centres AGAIN. Is that mean to him?
    I'm having another baby in August, and will take maternity leave for 6 months so if he was at a daycare near home I could take him there sometimes after the baby is born. The current one is too far to travel to on days I'm not working.

Daycare near work PRO'S - I like it, it's on the way to work, I'm nearby if anything happens.
    CON'S - a long commute for bub in the car, I will lose the spot (or have to keep paying) after bub #2 is born unless I do the commute when I'm not working.

Daycare near home - PRO'S - no commute for bub, hubby will be 10 mns away if anything happened, might be able to take him sometimes after bub #2 is born.

CON'S - Bub would have to change to the fourth daycare in 2 years. He's not a sensitive child, but he still cries every time I leave. Fine after a minute apparently.

A different perspective would be great. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Personally, I like having them in care near home for the days I'm home. Other wise I spend 2 hours in the car for no reason & waste fuel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would change him again to be closer to home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd go for the one near home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    at home is easier on logistics and travelling for bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah closer to home kids cope better with change at a young age