When I fell pregnant back in May, I was determined to fight for a VBA2C.
After losing that baby and falling pregnant this time, I had lost the will to fight ... until I started discussing it with some people and researching, then I decided I would at least see what my chances were.
As expected, my local hospital will allow VBAC but not after 2 ceasars. They would not give me a choice. This made me decide to fight some more. I contacted a couple of doula's who said to transfer to the Mater Mother's at South Brisbane who will do it (and where they would do it if I could end up affording a doula - which I can't).
I was then rejected by the Mater Mother's as out of the catchment area. It felt I was getting turned down at every point. I didn't even realise they had a catchment area, I assumed RBWH was for North Side and Mater for South Side.
They then said to get the hospital to write a letter, not the GP. I told the Ob this at my hospital appointment but it seemed like she wouldn't write it. I think I just resigned myself to the fact I have no choices and I will be having a c/s.
If it weren't for the impractibility then I wouldn't mind so much (ie DH is casual so doesn't get paid for time off, not supposed to drive for 6 weeks, need to get DS to kindy and walk DD to & from school etc) and I can organise things. I was mentally preparing myself I guess. I decided it wouldn't be so bad as to not have to labour for 30 hours only to fail like last time, I think it would be a faster recovery going elective than a failed vbac. Not to mention it's close to home (but a looong way from my parent's where kids will be and a long way for them to visit every day) and free parking.
Then on Monday I received a text message (yes, a text, not a phone call, a text message!) saying I have a doctor's appointment at the Mater Mother's on Friday the 20th! I was in shock I think! I assume it will sort of be like an interview to see if I am a good candidate and whether they will accept me given I am out of the zone.
I will obviously go to the appointment and guess see what they say.
If I have the option in the end, I am just not sure what I should choose.
I wouldn't mind hearing some of your stories from both sides & experiences etc.