+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 3 C-sections = Tummy Tuck

I have heard in the past that if you have had 3 medically needed c-sections you are entitled to a tummy tuck and it will be covered by Medicare.

Is there any truth in this? And can you have it done at the same time as your 3rd c-section?

I have also heard there is a rebate for breast reduction & lift after breastfeeding 3 babies. Would also love for this to be true.

Does anybody have any experience, stories, advice or expertise in this area that can help me as I can't really find anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't know about c-sections but I thought Medicare would only cover a tummy tuck if it was medically needed, ie, the scar is causing problems or you have excess skin that keeps rubbing and getting infected. I could be wrong...

As for a breast lift, my friend who's had 5 children wanted one after BF all of them and she had to pay the whole amount herself. The surgeon said her's wasn't medically necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy83 View Post
    Don't know about c-sections but I thought Medicare would only cover a tummy tuck if it was medically needed, ie, the scar is causing problems or you have excess skin that keeps rubbing and getting infected. I could be wrong...

As for a breast lift, my friend who's had 5 children wanted one after BF all of them and she had to pay the whole amount herself. The surgeon said her's wasn't medically necessary.
    Does she have nice boobies? Mine are ha-uge already, even before kids, and from what I can gather if your nipple sits below a certain measurement, you are entitled to a rebate. I think I qualify for the size of my breasts regardless of whether I breastfed or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She had huge bewbs before she started BF, she was a FF cup and by the time she finished she struggled to fit into a J cup, her nipples touched her belly button if she curled up! They were so saggy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    She had huge bewbs before she started BF, she was a FF cup and by the time she finished she struggled to fit into a J cup, her nipples touched her belly button if she curled up! They were so saggy...

Oh that's strange as I know a couple of ladies with larger breasts who have had the reduction & lift and qualified for a rebate. I assume they cause her problems with her breathing and back too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The boxes that need to be ticked are on the Medicare website.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleTime For This Useful Post:

Bambaloo  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambaloo View Post
    Oh that's strange as I know a couple of ladies with larger breasts who have had the reduction & lift and qualified for a rebate. I assume they cause her problems with her breathing and back too?
    In the end she couldn't lay on her back to sleep, she had problems with headaches from the strain on her neck, which is why she had the operation. She was told she wasn't entitled to it. Sounds like the poor thing probably was and the Doctor was too lazy to deal with Medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the end she couldn't lay on her back to sleep, she had problems with headaches from the strain on her neck, which is why she had the operation. She was told she wasn't entitled to it. Sounds like the poor thing probably was and the Doctor was too lazy to deal with Medicare.
    Poor thing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ill dig through my cookies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Ive heard about it but just had a search through the medicare website and can't find anything about what you need to have to be entitled to it
    Same here