+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Preparing for School.

DD is starting school on Jan 31st, and I'm trying to get everything organised for her as I'm having my bub on Friday (c/s), so will be out of action for most of the rest of the school holidays.

I've bought her uniform, school shoes and sport shoes. She has a special new lunchpack and drink bottle, and Nana (my mum) will be taking her out schoolbag shopping when she comes to visit from NZ in a couple of weeks.

I've ordered a label pack to name all her stuff, which either I or DP will do when the labels get posted out.

She doesn't have a stationery/book list as yet, apparently we get that in the first week of school.

I can't help feeling like I've forgotten something?
    Any ideas on anything else we may need to do / get for DD's first day/week?

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like you have everything sorted... I can't really think of anything else. Did she need a library bag or art smock or anything? Although that will possibly be part of the book list... I always buy DD hairclips and hairbands in the school colour too, if you haven't got anything like that...

Good luck with everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    sounds like your prepared guessing she had a school hat in the uniform list?

everything else will just flow into place don't worry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like you've got everything material sorted. One thing I would suggest, if you or your mother can manage it, is a couple of trial runs with her lunchbox and drink bottle. I did this with my kids by having a "picnic" lunch with them a couple of days to make sure they could manage to open and eat what I was planning to put in their lunch box. It just easily be done at the lunch table at home - just with lunch packed in their box.

I have taught kindergarten in the past, and it's time consuming for the teacher and embarrassing for the kids when they can't open a packet of chips, unwrap their sandwich or work their drink bottle, or something like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow sounds like your all sorted, my little one starts next month and I havnt even started shopping yet. Lol
    Thanks for the ideas though :-) and good luck