+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've tried to get my son to call me by my name but he insists on mum.

My sister and I have always called our mum by her first name, my children do the same (hers don't).

I like it, its normal to me.
    Last edited by Stiflers Mom; 11-01-2012 at 10:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 3yo calls us mum/dad, but occasionally uses our first names with a cheeky smile.

I don't mind either way really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd will introduce me like "This is my mum, (insert name here)" but won't call me anything but mum. If she did I would correct her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS calls me Mum and I don't want that to ever change, it makes me feel special

I had a friend in high school who would call her parents by their first name (her idea, not theirs). They were the most lovely/cool parents but she walked all over them. I guess you could say that this example has turned me off ever wanting a child of mine doing the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD called me by name at work lol she was upped by the group leader to which I said I do not really care what she calls me. I have asked kids what their parents names are and they tell me mum/dad and have no clue what their parents REAL names are

My girls sometimes call me by my name all day just because they think it is fun...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD has started doing it again lately to stir the pot. It's always said with a cheeky grin so I let it go. Learnt from past experience not to debate it with her. She said once that if she has to call me mum then I have to call her daughter instead of *real name*. How can I argue with that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've called my parents by their first names since I was about 19. Grandmother too. Not sure why, but they don't have a problem with it. I like being mummy though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like Mum better as your kids only have one so why not emphasize the fact. They know your real name but everyone else to them is a name. Parents are the only mum/dad they'll have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD calls us mum and dad but will say something like my mum is *realname*.

I have always called my parents mum and dad but my brother has always called mum by her first name and has recently started calling dad by his nickname!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Jasper sometimes calls out 'Raaaach!' lol. But normally I'm mummy <3