+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2.5 yo twin boys were born tiny at 37 weeks and have never caught up. They were off the charts and now sit around the 10th/25th for weight/height. Its weird because its definately not genetics with every male of my family well over 6ft, my hubby 6ft1 and Im 5"5 so not incredibly short. I had a Paed tell me once that twins that are smaller for gestation when born can take a few extra years to catch up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I blame my tiny girls on genetics. My nan and MIL are TINY.
    DD who is 6.5 has a favourite pair of shorts which are a size 0.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd2 is 3y 4months and still can fit 0 shorts and size 1 tops she weighs around 13kg

I'm not really concerned as she has a healthy balanced diet and both her dad and I were small kids too
    Last edited by bunkx; 11-01-2012 at 22:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there,

I'm on the other end of the scale with my daughter and I just wanted to say..

It is perfectly normal for these little ones! Don't feel bad at all because they are happy and healthy and yes ask the doc for peace of mind! Xxx

I myself was a very small child. Daughter takes after hubby though.

Be happy to not spend an absolute fortune on clothes at this stage lol!!

I've worried that my child is growing too fast and will be a giant..

We all worry..

Mines nearly five and wearing size 8-10 clothing.. Has been in size 6-8 from four years old..

She towers over kids her age.. And I've had the opposite of you ladies where people thought my crabby three year old was kind of naughty for a 'big school girl' lol.. I remember saying um she's not even in kindy yet!

Just wanted to share as I found this thread scrolling through..

Thanks
    Reviews
    This has made me feel a lot better too!

DS is 28 months, and 10.5kg (ie well below 3rd %ile). He was born 3.4kg, but just dropped through the percentiles after that. He is, however, perfectly healthy, and developmentally traveling very nicely.

DD is only 2 months old, but already looking like she is going to be smaller than he is, though she was born at 3.6kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 2yrs 3mths and weighs just under 11kg. She has bottoms that are a 1 that still don't fit her but tops she needs a 2/3 for length. My DH and I were both small when we were toddlers so I'm not worried at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gorgeous and very dainty dd is 3 1/2 and weighs 11kgs and is 90cms. She is in the 4th percentile. I adore her. She is a perfect pint sized chatterbox.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This has been a lovely reassuring post - as I too have a petite DD (who apparently takes after me according to my parents).

She is 21 months and about 82cm and is hovering around 10kg. I know shes healthy and bright etc - but I do get a little sick of the "she's tiny" comments...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've got a 5.5yr old girl who is under 100cm and weighs almost 18kg. She's still considered small for her age.

At 3 Alex was 92cm and 13kg.

She's fine (she was tube fed, so maybe not the perfect example but she is 100% a guts now and is fine)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin, 6, just started year one and was so excited to fit into "proper" school clothes ie a size four! (the skirts are pinned though).

Last yr for prep, at age 5, she had to have specially made uniforms which they said was a size two. Needless to say she was most upset by this haha.

She's so tiny, was two days overdue and breastfed until approx. 12months. My aunt had a 'normal' healthy pregnancy.

My aunt and uncle aren't petite (our family is all quite tall) just she's really little.

On the plus side, she still gets into places for free as they assume she's young... We just have to not let her open her mouth as she sounds a lot older!

She's our lil pocket rocket!