+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who else has tiny toddlers??

So after looking at other peoples children or from reading on here, I'm worried that my twin DD's aren't growing properly.
    I'm not sure of height as they won't stay still but they will be 3 in April and are wearing Size 1 clothing (some size 2 depending on brand) and only weigh 11 kilos.
    They were 5 weeks premature weighing 1.5 kilos (3lbs7) and 1.8 kilos (4lbs2) and were breastfed for the first 3 months. I have friends with twins born at 33 weeks who are 4 months younger than my girls and they TOWER over my DD's.
    Am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes you are!

My 3 are between 92-96cm tall. I was 115cm at 8. J just hit 11kg & the girls are 12.5. They're tall & skinny plus they sit still long enough to grow fat, they're all muscle.

Remember about genetics in school? They play a huge part on how big you'll be. You & J aren't the worlds tallest people, neither is your mum.

If your really concerned, talk to your GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD turned 3 in November and is only 12kg. She still fits some size 1 bottoms and 2 tops or dresses depending on the brand. She was 4p 13oz born almost 4 weeks early. I'm not worried and neither were her doctors because she's growing and reached all her milestones early. I am also only 5'1 and petite myself so I'm sure genetics are playing a role even though her dad is 6'1! How tall are you? If you're really worried it wouldn't hurt to see a paediatrician or gp to ease your concerns!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have you looked on the growth charts? Are you and their dad slight, so it could be genetic?

My son is 3 yrs, 3 months. He was a bit over 4kg at birth but is probably below average weight now.

He's 103cm, 15kg and still wears size 1 shorts (good around waist, but too short). But he's like a mini version of his dad, who is 6'3", 60kg, with a 30" waist. So it makes sense.

There's no harm in seeing a child health nurse if you are concerned though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a daughter that is turning 4 she is in size 3 and some 2s still. She is 13.5 kg and has nothing wrong at all. Some children are just small

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is 17 months, and is in the top percentile for we height, but bottom percentile for her weight. When she was born, she was in the top percentile for her weight. I was much the same when I was younger... it is just genetics. My DD is happy and healthy, and ticking all of the boxes developmentally, so my GP and Maternal and Child Health Nurse have never been concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub.

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for this thread! I feel so much better.

My DS is almost 2 and only 10.4kg and absolutely tiny. He was 1.9 kg at birth. At the shops people always ask if he's 12-14 mths old and are shocked when I say almost 2. All my friends kids tower over him.

Very reassuring to know he's not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 14 month old dd is on the 2nd percentile for height.. shes short, and weighs 9kg.. oh i wish my 33mth old weighed less, hes 18kg! and on the 99percentile for height.. one extreme to the next.. lol

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD is 3 1/4 and weighs around 12kgs and is around 101cms. She was bang on average at birth, it's just genetics that have kicked in. She still fits her baby shorts now she is out of nappies and still wears a lot of her 0 and 1 dresses as tops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 16months and only around 9kg.

I always worry that people think I don't feed her properly. In reality she eats like a horse and just doesn't stop Moving so she's burning it all off!

ETA - she was almost 4kg born too!
    Last edited by nerdgirl99; 11-01-2012 at 22:36.