+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    yeah....

it is a lot...its DH's own business though so it comes with some downsides..
    like everything is contract and could just stop.
    we have to pay staff and all kinds of other stuff.

if the GFC was to hit hard here, we would be up the creek without a paddle or a boat...
    we have savings but still..its a hard one.

But i appreciate that we do get a lot.
    only 5 years ago I was working at woolies nightfill, pulling in $180 a week and DH was on $50k!
    I would still love for dh to earn as much as $50k lol!

We have no savings (well $69 atm).

DH is casual so I know what you mean, it is terrible when you find they have no work etc and you are stressed about paying rent etc. Worst feeling.

What sort of business does your DH have? Good luck with it all, sounds like he is doing a great job and hopefully it continues to do so well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambaloo View Post
    I would still love for dh to earn as much as $50k lol!

We have no savings (well $69 atm).

DH is casual so I know what you mean, it is terrible when you find they have no work etc and you are stressed about paying rent etc. Worst feeling.

What sort of business does your DH have? Good luck with it all, sounds like he is doing a great job and hopefully it continues to do so well
    He is a financial consultant and a change management consultant.
    So he goes in to a company and rearranges, fires, changes and re trains.

then he looks at all their figures and tells them why they are losing money and how to make more.

it is going well.
    I still remember walking up to woolies with coins and praying that the total was not more than i had on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our mortgage is about $1800 per month for a 3 bedroom brick home with a double garage/shed about 18km out of the city in Tassie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Our mortgage is about $1800 per month for a 3 bedroom brick home with a double garage/shed about 18km out of the city in Tassie.
    Whoa. I pay that a month in just rent..... And I don't even live near the city. I live on the central coast. Mines a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom two story house on the side of a mountain.
    Maybe I should buy a house ...

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Weekly mortage repayments is $550
    My weekly net income is $900
    DH weekly income is approx $1400ish (but he is self employed and we have to pay tax on that depending on our business expenses).

Looking at that you would think we would be able to save, but it doesn't happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay about 1/3 of our income off the mortgage each week. This is more than the minimum repayment, we don't vary the payments when the rates drop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Weekly mortage repayments is $550
    My weekly net income is $900
    DH weekly income is approx $1400ish (but he is self employed and we have to pay tax on that depending on our business expenses).

Looking at that you would think we would be able to save, but it doesn't happen
    Tell me about it. Money goes no where these days no matter how much it is. So many bills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay $500/fn for a 4 bed, 3bath, DLUG, lounge, dining, rumpus in Toowoomba. We do pay an extra $30/fn or something than we need to.
    DH earns about $1500 a fn, so what 'they' recommend for mortgage payments.

Having said that, our mortgage is less than a third of the purchase price as we had a big deposit from the sale of our last house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Our rent is $380 per week for a large 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a big backyard.

Our weekly income is between $1150 and $1500 a week after tax + centrelink (im not sure how much I get, havent checked in awhile).

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    My house is 385 a week but i sublet the downstairs to my friends business so my portion is 280 a week. My weekly income is only around 750 with centrelink though. So that makes it just under 40% of my income.

If the business forgets to pay it's just over 50%

sent from my phone. Excuse typos or crashed areas