View Poll Results: Do you wash your hands with SOAP after the toilet?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wash my hands with soap EVERY time

45 67.16%
  • I don't wash my hands with soap, water will suffice

9 13.43%
  • It depends. Did I just wee or...?

16 23.88%
  • What's soap?/Other

2 2.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Yes. Sometimes. Why is it sweaty and yuck? How do you know my genitals better than me? I'm pretty sure you have not seen mine. Who said I wear undies? Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I do. Sometime I don't. I'm really not sure how you think you know about how I go to the toilet. And NO, it doesn't go everywhere. I've cleaned my toilet. Alot easier than the one that my boy uses. But I guess he hasn't quite mastered the aim of his dad yet.
    Hehehe this gave me a good giggle

*Dear iPhone, stop autocorrecting all my swear words you piece of shut.
    Can't!
    DYAC...go to he'll*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    I wash my hands thoroughly with soap. Working in healthcare means infection control is a huge thing, so good hand washing is ingrained/a habit.

-------------------------
    Sent from my mobile device, please excuse the typing missed cakes.
    ^^^this. My kids are the ones that have learnt the full clinical hand wash procedure not because i am completely germ obsessed, its just how i wash my hands now. I never thought about it before, but other people must think i'm strange when they see i'm soaping up for 5 mins & scrubbing away at the backs of my wrists. Hmmmmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wash my hands before an after all toilet use. This includes just replacing a toilet roll or helping DD put her knickers back on. Soap and water and thorough lather. I also hate it when I can't dry my hands!!! I stand under those dryers in the public loos for soooo long and make the kids do the same hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I always use soap out and at home, i cant not do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    glad it gave you a giggle shan, it gave me the creeps

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At the risk of sounding like a complete and utter germaphobe...

Do people understand that their own poop, and consequently their own bathrooms, contain bacteria - it's not just public toilets

So for those who don't wash after weeing - if you do a wee, you touch the toilet button and the door handle (and if you live with a man, probably the toilet seat too )...do you really just walk on out without washing your hands?
    Last edited by Witwicky; 12-01-2012 at 17:37.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't bring myself to touch a damp tap in a public toilet. I use hand sanatiser after the loo after I've gone outside of the toilet away from the doors etc. I use sanatiser at home too after nappy changes and after touching raw food etc. I also sanatize after being at the shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, i wash my hands every time where ever i am
    I use soap and make sure to give my hands a decent scrub - the only time i wouldn't use soap is if it was a manky bar of soap in a public toilet (but this is rare as most have the pump soap these days).
    I also wash my hands as soon i get home from being out and about, before food prep, after food prep, nappy changes etc - i wash my hands a lot.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Yes, i wash my hands every time where ever i am
    I use soap and make sure to give my hands a decent scrub - the only time i wouldn't use soap is if it was a manky bar of soap in a public toilet (but this is rare as most have the pump soap these days).
    I also wash my hands as soon i get home from being out and about, before food prep, after food prep, nappy changes etc - i wash my hands a lot.
    Ahhh yes, there is NO WAY that I would ever use a public bar of soap. Eewwwwww

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i'm in a public toilet, I will always wash my hands with soap and dry them until they are no longer damp. If I need to open any doors, i'll pull my sleeve down over my hand to do it or use the bottom of my top.

If i'm at home, I don't bother washing my hands after a wee at the moment, being pregnant the amount of times I wee in an hour is amazing and if I wash my hands too often I get eczema on my hands.