View Poll Results: Do you wash your hands with SOAP after the toilet?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wash my hands with soap EVERY time

45 67.16%
  • I don't wash my hands with soap, water will suffice

9 13.43%
  • It depends. Did I just wee or...?

16 23.88%
  • What's soap?/Other

2 2.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't use it if it's a cake. Pump sure I couldn't not. I hate when no paper towel is available though as they get the last bits of germs off. Than I can use the towel to turn two off and open the door on the way out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    Adding, some people can't use the soap provided because of allergies or dematitis reaction to it, so maybe you can console yourself with that thought the next time you see someone not washing their hands... that they aren't just dirty and have a medical reason to not touch *that* soap.
    I'm imagining everyone with latex allergies and excema now lol. I know my mil doesn't have either and she never washes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wash with soap and water then use tissues to turn off tap and exit...then hand sanitize just incase! I am OCD I take sanitizing wipes and gloves and wipe the seat clean... I ONLY use public loo in emergency where despite best efforts I cannot hold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes, with soap and water. And not one of those pathetic two second token handwashes either, a proper wash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont use the basins in public toilets i use my own hand sanitizer gel thats always in my bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Awesome View Post
    We are actually instructed by the infection control department, in the hospital I work in, that the hand sanitizer (we use avagard) is better at killing bugs and preferable to use in place of soap and water. We are instructed to use hand sanitizer most of the time and only use soap and water if we have visible soiling on our hands... Eg. Poo, dirt etc.

A couple of time a year we have special inservices where we are given special spray on our hands and then instructed to wash or sanitize as normal. They then use a special blue light to show the areas that are missed. Those who use the hand sanitizer usually do better at this.

We also regularly get our fingers plated and sent to the lab before and after performing our hand hygiene of choice. 3 days later we get the results of what has grown. Again, those who use hand sanitizer usually grow many less organisms than those who wash.

I work in a NICU where infection control is very important. We are regularly tested on our hand hygiene. No matter wether you use sanitizer or hand washing, a lot of the effectiveness does come down to how vigorously you rub your hands together and your technique. Most people miss the bits in between each finger and the thumb is quite often missed too.

* Damn you autocorrect...you are killing me! *
    Yes most people don't wash their hands properly. When I was studying my diploma (preschool teacher) we had to wash our hands as part of one of our modules(health and hygiene and infection control) in front of the teachers and need a perfect score to pass the subject. We are taught you have to scrub up to at least wrist and need to be at least as long as singing happy birthday twice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol...now I can see a bunch of women in the loo's standing there washing and singing happy birthday!

* Damn you autocorrect...you are killing me! *

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I always wash my hands after the toilet. If it's a public toilet I follow up with sanitizer.

I love how a lot of the newer public toilets no longer have a door on the entry/exit - no skanky door handle to touch!

I have the same aversion to using other toilets for number 2's as BerylsMum. My DH wants me to get over it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soap here, everytime. Or hand sanitizer if it's not available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, soap and water, but I'm not squeamish about touching things (e.g., the door) and I never use hand sanitiser.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub