+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a Scottish man who wore high heels and sparkly mini skirts layby $4 stockings every week when I worked in retail. He'd look like your average guy until he stepped away from the counter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A couple spring to mind... Once seeing my Dad who was buying things for my nan have a fall... he had just bought her a rollator walking frame and stocked up on Depend incontinence pads for and stacked them on the basket on the frame while walking to the car. He hit a bump and went flying over the fram, incontinence pads everywhere, and several old ladies picked him up and dusted him off while gathering up his "pads" and being very understanding- he was mortified!
    Another is from my aged care days, I nursed a lady who was 103 at the time and got muddles with her new foundation stick- covered her face in her trademark red lippy instead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just saw a middle aged man in full business clothes riding a giant unicycle to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Walking down the street in monmarte Paris when a sunshower started. With all the enthusiasm of a traveller no one would recognize I began skipping and dancing in the rain humming "singing in the rain"... About a minute into my little jig I realized a lady in a flowery dress was dancing beside me, and along with us joined two men and another lady with her daughter. All these strangers skipped, sang and danced with me all the way to the end of the street, then we smiled at eachother and walked away. Was like something out of a musical. Had expected to be a daft happy traveller by myself but that was awesome

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

babycake  (13-01-2012),Gothel  (13-01-2012),MuminMind  (13-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just today... DH and I went out with the girls to a car yard to help my mum find a car and while DH and mum went on a test drive this couple in a beat up magna drove in and parked in the car yard, got out swapped seats, clunk their bourbon cans together and then reversed out in a big blow out of smoke and tyres... All to pull into the drive way next door and do the same thing.

I just watched with the guys from the car yard. Stunned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Remembered another one - a Big Issue seller crossing Collins St in Melbourne CBD. With his pet duck walking beside him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I witnessed a food fight in a supermarket once, which was just...bizarre.

A woman bumped into another woman with her basket when she walked past her. It was probably an accident, but it looked like she bumped her pretty hard and she didn't apologise.

When the other woman turned around, waiting for the apology, the first woman had walked off, so the woman stormed after her and deliberately bumped her back. The other woman said "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR??" and they started screaming at each other.

Everyone was staring at them, and I was pulling DP's arm at that stage, whispering "Come on, let's get out of here" and he was like "Haha no, there's about to be a punch up!" with a big grin on his face.

Then they started throwing vegetables at each other and I think a punch was thrown before a staff member eventually came over and one of the women ran out of the store.

I was shocked.

DP was like "and then she picked up a capsicum..." and wouldn't stop talking about it for the rest of the shopping trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    Walking down the street in monmarte Paris when a sunshower started. With all the enthusiasm of a traveller no one would recognize I began skipping and dancing in the rain humming "singing in the rain"... About a minute into my little jig I realized a lady in a flowery dress was dancing beside me, and along with us joined two men and another lady with her daughter. All these strangers skipped, sang and danced with me all the way to the end of the street, then we smiled at eachother and walked away. Was like something out of a musical. Had expected to be a daft happy traveller by myself but that was awesome
    That is amazing!! I would love for that to happen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SK2BC For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (13-01-2012)