+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nap for toddler?

Ok, up until this week, M (23months) has been really obvious when she needs a nap. She'll get cranky, get put down, and go to sleep for 1-2hours. And this week today especially, i put her down (stayed with her obviously) and she just wouldn't sleep. But if she's on a long car trip she will sleep.

I'm wondering though, if she's at that age where she is starting to give up her daytime sleeps. Or chalk it up to the fact that we've had a few rough weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing! This is exactly what my DD has been doing for the past week. She is nearly 23 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD2 is just a little older and does this every now and then... I do presist and eventually she will drop off. My DD1 very much obviously stopped her sleeps at 3. If you need the break, or she is a crank pants without the sleep, I would persist for a couple of weeks and see how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mine are 3 in may & still sleep for a min of 1.5 hours each day. Today it was 4 hours.
    There is no way in the world they can cope without a sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Mummy View Post
    Subscribing! This is exactly what my DD has been doing for the past week. She is nearly 23 months.
    isn't it horrific??? :cries:

she's such a beautiful child, but she's being so much more full on without that nap. And her older brother is hyping her up and i just want to go hide in timbuktoo
    i suppose i can't complain - she does still go roughly 11-12hours at night for the most part, but...dude...go to sleep?

nup - i just had a dvd player thrown...apparently she's going to bed early today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's probably a little early for her to drop her daysleep yet, but you may need to shorten the sleep or push it back. Most toddlers drop their daysleep sometime between 2 and 4.

What time does she sleep at night and wake? Once my toddlers reach this age I often find I have to wear them out a lot to get the day sleep at a decent time. If we are having a quiet day sometimes I find it better to drop the sleep and bring bed time earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    isn't it horrific??? :cries:
    It's a form of torture in my book! DD is such an active, happy, always on the go kid that she (**i** :P) desperately needs her nap to recharge! Especially with DD2 on the way.

I think it's just a stage for her, hoping so anyway, hope it's the case for your DD too!