+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a SIL and BIL like this, no matter what we say we're doing, not doing, they poo poo our parenting choices and make us feel as though we're always 'wrong' because it's usually always in opposition to theirs. Even when we baptised our children they went behind our backs and mocked us.

Like you Little Boys Blue, we get on with them really well the rest of the time, it's only when 'parenting choice' issues come up that we find they don't show us the same courtesy as we do them.

I don't initiate any conversations with potential 'provocative' parenting choice topics, however whenever we are with them 9/10 conversations turn that way because they will initiate it and its' almost liek they get a kick out of doing so.

I have no advice, but I do empathise , I guess oneday it will all come to a head (which I don't want), so I guess either DH or I have to bite the bullet next time and gently say something.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Little Boys Blue  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    I doubt any offense was intended, it sounded like a smart-@rse comeback to the OP's friend.

Had a good laugh when I read that!

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.
    I understand that and I feel for ops situation it's not nice.
    Just get sick and tired of the negative comments about bottle and formula feeding - it's like the people who choose to do this are always getting the sarcasm and the horrible jokes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    I understand that and I feel for ops situation it's not nice.
    Just get sick and tired of the negative comments about bottle and formula feeding - it's like the people who choose to do this are always getting the sarcasm and the horrible jokes
    Seriously.

I made the joke and all 3 of my children were on some formula at some stage and I am currently paying private school fees.

It was a joke for the OPs friends not against bottle fed babies.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Little Boys Blue  (11-01-2012),onkybear  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pretty sure it was intended as a joke. Sometimes I think we can be a little bit sensitive on this forum. It was about the op friend. Not a general dig at ff.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to october For This Useful Post:

Little Boys Blue  (11-01-2012),squirrelex  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This particular friend of mine was told of a dinner party I was having for the vegans I know, where everyone brings along a dish to share. The only reason I told her was because she wanted to go for coffee that afternoon but I was busy preparing. She asked if she could come along, so I told her again it was all vegan but she can come along with a salad or something if she really wanted to. Well, she rocked up with a potato bake with bacon, cream and cheese then went on about denying our families of the correct nutrition. It was really hurtful. She then invited me to her place for a bbq, which I turned down, then she said she gas vegetarian and gluten free options. The gluten free option was pork or chicken maybe, the veg option was actually salmon and vegetable patties. I still said no, a number of times, but told her I will come by later for a beer if she likes.