+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like she is possibly jealous maybe?? Regardless of why these things are being said I think you need to sit down just you and her and gently over a coffee bring it up. A friendship that is great 99% of the time is generally a good one, and one that shouldnt be thrown away. And if she likes you as much as you like her, she would prob be horrified to know her comments have hurt you so much. Just be prepared though that that may be the way her other relationships are and she may not understand so you may need to chose your words to explain it well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onkybear For This Useful Post:

Little Boys Blue  (10-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Next time you should tell them you can afford private school because you didn't pay for formula and bottles.
    Hahah!! Love your sense of humour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP I know how you feel. I have cut myself off recently from one of my only local mates because of our choice to not eat meat. It's like it's ok for her to tell me how horrible a parent I am because my 8yo has never eaten meat in her life. Mates who are like that aren't real mates at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onkybear View Post
    Sounds like she is possibly jealous maybe?? Regardless of why these things are being said I think you need to sit down just you and her and gently over a coffee bring it up. A friendship that is great 99% of the time is generally a good one, and one that shouldnt be thrown away. And if she likes you as much as you like her, she would prob be horrified to know her comments have hurt you so much. Just be prepared though that that may be the way her other relationships are and she may not understand so you may need to chose your words to explain it well.
    This is exactly what I think I will have to do. I'm the kinda person that doesn't really like confrontation of any sort which is why I haven't really said anything before but it's getting to the point where the comments are really upsetting me and I don't want it to affect the friendship anymore so I'll just have to man up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    OP I know how you feel. I have cut myself off recently from one of my only local mates because of our choice to not eat meat. It's like it's ok for her to tell me how horrible a parent I am because my 8yo has never eaten meat in her life. Mates who are like that aren't real mates at all.
    It is hard constantly feeling like you have to justify your parenting choices

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest, from the tone of your post, maybe they are reacting to what they 'can't understand' of your parenting choices..... ie maybe without realising you are projecting what you think you are hiding.

Just the other side of the coin....
    Last edited by Naboo; 10-01-2012 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrrrr, I can relate to this too! I am sick of hearing the opinions of one of my friends. She has an opinion on everything that everyone does - but she voices it, all the bloody time! It's her way and everyone else is wrong. She actually can not see nor comprehend another persons point of view.

Something she said to me a month ago really made me sit back and consider whether or not our friendship was worth continuing. I'm all for advice (when I've asked for it), opinions, and constructive criticism, but when it's blurted out with no tact and the intention of offending, that is just rude.

My brother is exactly the same and coincidentally, they both have low self esteem and huge ego's, and share the same star sign , I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Anyway, sorry to crash your thread with my vent, OP. Hope you guys can work everything out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Next time you should tell them you can afford private school because you didn't pay for formula and bottles.
    Lol oh snap!!!!! Good one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    To be honest, from the tone of your post, maybe they are reacting to what they 'can't understand' of your parenting choices..... ie maybe without realising you are projecting what you think you are hiding.

Just the other side of the coin....
    Yeah I totally understand where you are coming from but the initial discussion (re private schooling) was just that, a discussion. I said I couldn't understand their reasons and she said they couldn't understand ours so that was that, we just agreed to disagree. But they are the ones that continually bring it up and just bag out our choice. I have never said anything offensive and usually just change the subject when this happens but the more it happens the more offensive it becomes.

With the whole breastfeeding/bottlefeeding thing any of the discussions were brought up by her usually by 'I still don't know how you could do it' or 'I think you're crazy for doing it' etc so they aren't really discussions anyway more just her straight out attacking me. Like I said, besides my initial genuine curiosity as to why she chose to bottlefeed, I have never brought the topic up or said that I think she is crazy for bottlefeeding etc.

And with the boy/girl issue, well there is just nothing that could even be possibly taken the wrong way because it is just them straight out insulting my son.

So yeah, I have thought about the other side of the coin and thought maybe they are just being defensive to something I have unintentionally said or something but it just doesn't make sense when they are the instigators of the convos...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Why did you say that? I used formula and bottles... I am sorry but I don't think there was a need for that comment. It was not constructive at all.

I doubt any offense was intended, it sounded like a smart-@rse comeback to the OP's friend.

Had a good laugh when I read that!

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.