+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I promised i'd come back after i got my tummy tuck quote so here i am.
    Obviously prices change depending on where you go etc but i was quoted around $10 000 for a full price tummy tuck. 'Luckily' my belly is bad enough that my tummy tuck is considered medical and not cosmetic which brings the price down due to medicare rebates. Also private health can bring the price down significantly if you are covered for plastic and reconstructive surgery (i don't think it covers it if your surgery is considered cosmetic though).
    All up it is going to cost me around $4000-$5000 for a full tummy tuck and muscle repair.

I could recommend getting a quote as that is the only way you can get a proper idea of what it would cost.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow thank you! I have been wondering about this. How bad does your stomach have to be to be bad enough? Mines bad lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm pretty sure you would qualify bumMum, i think our bellies are quite similar? I have the muscle separation, umbilical hernia and loose skin (not much but some). That was good (or should i say bad) enough to be classed as medical.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    mothersmilk: can I be intrusive and ask for what reason they classified you as medical?

I have severe loose skin, but my muscles aren't too bad (because I've spent 7 years working on them!) but the skin is horribly loose.... (tmi: it 'slaps' against me when I jump or run, and I can feel it dragging down the skin above it all the time, the weight of this loose skin pulling on my body ..)

So was yours because of muscle separation or because of loose skin?

Or another reason....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it was all of the above but i'm fairly sure that very loose skin on it's own would be a medical reason - i think it is really up to the plastic surgeon you see to decide on a case by case basis.
    From what you have described i would think skin that loose would be enough - i would encourage you to go get a consult I had thought a tummy tuck would be unachievable for me (due to costs etc) but i was pleasantly surprised.