+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This may be a long mess but I'll tell u about my story of pcos.
    I went of the pill bout 4yrs ago to get ready to start ttc #1. Which was actually bout a yr before we were going to start. I had veery irregular cycles, every 2-3 mths. Went to FS, did test for pcos. Only had pco not pcos. Told to lose weight and it should go and cycles should go back normal. Lost 20kgs and sure enough it worked.
    Started ttc after our wedding in march 09 and fell 2nd month but ended in miscarriage. Fell again I think 4mths later which ended in MC again. Went to FS again (diff one which I liked better) to get test done. Tests came back all normal. Fell again 2nths later and now have DS who is 16mths.
    Since DS my cycles have still been long around 35-40 days but consistent. I did have one cycle which was 57 days a couple months ago but actually had a large simple follicular cyst which went by itself. I saw a FS for this too. This is when I had all the pcos testing again. The dr and FS believe I have pcos type 2 ( weight controlled one) however I'm not insulin resistant and have a normal thyroid function. I must mention ive put on 15kg since Ds was born. The FS told me to loose 10kgs quickly and that should help ttc. After being diagnosed we decided to start ttc #2 straight away as it could take a long time.
    This is our second month ttc and I've been using opks both months. The first month I got pos opks on cd 22&23 and AF arrived 14days later. This month I got pos on cd23,24&25. I'm counting cd25 as O day which means today is 4dpo.
    So everything is pointing to
    Me actually O but I'm really worried that I'm not. I was thinking of asking for a test to see if I'm actually O if I don't get BFP this cycle as I don't want to waste anymore time ttc if I'm not. Don't know if the dr will because we have only been trying 2mths.
    Wow that just took me 30mins to type. Sorry for the REALLY long story /:-|

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I must say I'm trying to loose weight ( prob not as much as I should be) but finding it really hard over the holiday season.
    The FS didn't put me on any meds but said if I'm not pregnant in 6mths he could. Prob metformin ( even though I'm not IR ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HAyles, what a long story you have had. Perhaps with your history you will at least get a referral to a FS who might put you on metformin etc.
    I am wondering if I have PCOS or issues with ovulating, I have had cysts in teh past and especially as my cycles are irregular at times too. If it is not a BFP this month I will be making an appointment for a FS for MArch. I too have gained a lot of weight but have lost almost 9kg. almost back in a healthy BMI. I am doing Dukan (high protein, low carb, low fat) which is working for me. I weighed up the risks and that is what I chose. It is restrictive but it works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luey, well done with losing the 9kgs that excellent. I think it would be beneficial for u to see a FS especially if u are nearly at a healthy BMI and still having problems. How long have u been ttc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i'd like to join too please? I'm 6DPO and according to implantation calculator i should be entering the implantation period if i did conceive. I really hope this happens for me as really getting over the disappointment of seeing BFN's for the past 12 months. This is our 13th month of TTC. I think it's my turn now to get pregnant..

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah i really hope im ovulating this time and the medication works like it did last time ..... im about 7kilos heavier than last time!!! i wish i could just wake up and it would be 14 dpo ha ha
    do you think if i got positive opk friday morning that was gone a few hours later (prior to Friday morning i only tested negative on Thursday morning) that i could class that as a positive??? and i thought that it was probably a surge Thursday and i just caught the last of it in Friday morning pee that i should've ovulated Friday which would make me 4 dpo
    did that make sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im approx 6-7 DPO..CD27..feeling tired..been crampy the last few days and have a massive headache right now. I dont feel confident this cycle..I think the heat is getting to me and making me feel a bit sick..but who knows right? I would so love this to be our month!! Good luck ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's really hard to say Kelly. Technically they say u will O 24 -48 hours after u get a pos. In saying this u still could have O on the fri if u didn't test thurs afternoon and u have a short peak and fall (if that makes sense) If I were u I would just count O from the Sat. Maybe next cycle (if need be ) u could do 2 a day around the time u think u may O just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no that puts me at 3dpo ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    my husband and i BD on Friday and Monday morning so hopefully we catch it