Closed Thread
Page 98 of 124 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Missy84

My story sounds pretty similar to yours but I'm on my third injections cycle atm. I've got my second scan tomorrow which will be day 12? Of injections. I'm hoping to be ready to trigger by the end of the week and really hoping for third time lucky.

There haven't been too many BFP in this thread and I think we are all hoping we will be the one to break that trend! I reckon its gonna be a domino effect though - it's just gonna take one then we will all get one - we live in hope xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Babydust, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has my husband do the injections for me! Hopefully there's more going on when you have your scan tomorrow.

Welcome Missy84. Another one who's husband has been doing the injections.. It makes me feel so much better knowing there's a couple of others in the same boat as me.
    I have a friend who's been TTC as well and she's seen a natropath a couple of times.. She's on something like 27 tablets a day for various things. What they say to her makes a lot of sense though so maybe it will all help.

Greenfairy, do you do IUI after your trigger or timed BD? you can trigger at the end of the week. Then the dreaded TWW.. I'm not looking forward to that! Was pretty good with it last time until about 2 days before AF came as I could feel it was on it's way.

AFM yesterday I had my first scan (day 9, day 5 of injections). One follicle on the right is just under 10, then there's one on the left that's about 7.5. Both sides have a few other small follicles as well but nothing worth measuring. They've kept me at the same dose and I'm booked in for another scan tomorrow morning. I'm kind of hoping for IUI again within this week but we'll just have to see how quickly things go from here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies! Welcome new comers!
    Just dropped in to say I'm back on provera for 7 days then on to round 2 of IO+IUI, very excited! How's everyone else tracking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Becca and little dove, glad everyone is back on deck after a quiet weekend!
    I'm just doing timed bd but prob look at iui if I don't get a BFP this round. I think I'll be ready to go to IVF after Christmas if 6 rounds of Oi haven't worked.
    I'm fine with the first week of the tww but start going crazy in the second. Depends a bit how it falls with the weekend too and how much thinking time I've got lol.
    I've got next week off work so hoping I don't have to make a trip into city for appointment. Can't wait to just chill out.
    Have a great week ladies
    Glad you're feeling better littledove xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Missy84, I have PCOS too & had also tried clomid with no response so moved onto gonal-f injections (same as Puregon). I get a great response from the injections so I'm lucky in that way but yet to get a sticky BFP, all I've had is a chemical. This is round 4 for me and I'm in the TWW. Good luck!!
    I've done 6 months of acupuncture prior to starting injections, I found it worked really well for reducing my cycle length but again no BFP. I've seen a naturopath as well and take a variety of supplements to try and help, this has made a huge difference to my PCOS symptoms, and between that and diet changes I'm now no longer insulin resistant yay! I think it's worth it, I stopped the acupuncture only because we can't afford to do both that and injections, costs us $900 a month for injections & IUI and the acupuncture was $80 a week.
    All the best xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca hopefully that 10mm is your dominant one, fingers crossed for loads of growth so you can do your IUI ASAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    Hi ladies! Welcome new comers!
    Just dropped in to say I'm back on provera for 7 days then on to round 2 of IO+IUI, very excited! How's everyone else tracking?
    Little dove great to hear from you, very exciting, good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for me, this TWW is actually going pretty well so far, I'm quite well distracted and busy so haven't been thinking about it much for once! 6 says past trigger so only 10 more til I can test!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your kind messages and welcoming

Just had my day 19 scan (day 11 of injections 75iu) and had 1x14mm and 2x10mm, 2 more days of injections and hopefully trigger on Wednesday.

minipolly2b thanks for your feedback on acupuncture. Its hard to decide whether to do it with the injections or just on its own, the costs just keep mounting and I need to consider what the best option is going forward. Considering I have not O on my own since going off the BCP 12 months ago I'm not sure how much acupuncture will shorten my cycle considering I don't really have one... am waiting on them to phone me back so will ask anyway.

Luckilly I don't get most of the PCOS symptoms (hair, weight issues & insulin resistance) which is probably why it went undetected for so long. I was on the BCP for nearly 10 years and before that had irregular AF but regular enough (45days) not to cause concern.

I really hope something happens in the next 2 cycles, I'm not sure how long I can go through this for, its an emotional roller coaster! Plus doesn't help when all my friends who started TTC same time as me or after are now pregnant or have babies already!! It's not fair!

Enough of my rant...its good to have somewhere to go where people understand you!

Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow missy your story is mine exactly. On the pill for 9 yrs no typical PCOS symptoms then came off, had terrible skin and no af, had a bt and scan and diagnosed with PCOS. Fingers crossed for your trigger on wed

I just had a scan too and no dominant follicle yet but they have all grown a bit and are around 10/12 mm. I'm sticking with 87.5 then scan again on thurs. thinking now I'll def have to come back in on my leave next week for a scan and trigger what a PITA!