Closed Thread
Page 92 of 124 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the thoughts ... this is definitely not an implantation bleed. Heaviest AF I've ever had I'm doing OK, had a major melt-down last night with the disappointment but I actually feel less stressed today. DH is amazingly supportive.

The FS we see initially charged $650 an OI cycle ... then when our first cycle got cancelled put their price up to $1200!! Because they're a private practice, it's not covered by Medicare at all. (So far I've only been able to claim some of his consult fees under Medicare) For $1200 it does include all the drugs (except Tamoxifen or Aspirin), scans, bloods and if positive weekly check ups and drugs if needed up to 12 weeks. So I know it does cover a lot but the other FS in town does most of his through Medicare (bloods, scans etc) so we want to see how much it totals up to and compare. While we both have great full-time jobs, we aren't high income earners & cost of living is expensive up here, so every dollar matters these days.

Hope everyone is keeping sane in their TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    minipolly2b, not everyone can get Medicare.... you have to be Australian citizen or hold a permanent visa, which can be applied under certain conditions.
    Last edited by Chats; 19-07-2012 at 19:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear tropicalbub.
    Unfortunately I think I may too already be out this month! Bit of a kick in the guts after so many injections but anyway. I'm more just worried now about a leutal phase defect given im only 7dpo. I've made an appointment with fs for lunch time tomorrow so hopefully I'll know one way or another and should be able to start again straight away? I'm also making a big effort to remember and stick to my metformin now so hopefully it will help my next follicle grow quicker!
    Thankfully it's Friday tomorrow, my mum is coming to stay and I've got my bottle of skinny girl Cosmo chilling in the fridge as I type ;-)
    Onwards and upwards xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *hugs* to you too Greenfairy. Let us know how the appointment goes.
    What is skinny girl Cosmo? Sounds interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Becca
    Skinny Girl is a range of premixed cocktails created by Bethany Frankle who is a woman in America who was on "real housewives" and now has her own show "Bethany ever after". It's a white cranberry Cosmo and has less than 100 calories per serve. I don't work for them haha but wish I created it so I could have an endless supply

6. The Following User Says Thank You to greenfairy For This Useful Post:

6 years trying  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmm they sound yummy. I'll definitely be looking into some of those.. I think they will have to be my "lets drink to forget the world for a night" drink when AF arrives (I know I probably should try to be more positive but I really don't think that this is going to happen for us on our first cycle of FSH/IUI)..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, to those who have had AF arrive, this process is so unbelievably hard. to those still in with a chance this cycle.

AFM I had my second round of bloods yesterday morning and was called yesterday afternoon to advise that I had started to surge on my own, to take my trigger last night and send DH in for his donation at 8.20 this morning, my very first IUI at 10.20am today..... I am so very excited and nervous at the same time... so as of this afternoon I will be in the dreaded TWW.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stc, very exciting!! Hope all goes well with the IUI. Welcome to the Tww!
    Last edited by GBA85; 20-07-2012 at 13:59. Reason: Typo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

stc76  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Friday, everyone!

I had my D21 blood test this morning, and found out that I did indeed ovulate! Very first time in my life! (as far as I know....)

Also, I learned that my Progesterone (P4) level was 105 (nmol/L, I guess?). It seems pretty high. Is it okay to be excited!? I shouldn't just yet, should I.

By the way, I've been suffering from lower abdominal pain and swelling. I'm a bit worried if I have OHSS... my E2 level is super high, too.

How is everyone else's condition during TWW?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope your iui went well
    Stc! It's exciting to be in the tww.
    I'm kinda in limbo land now... The bleeding hasn't gotten any heavier and I've just been using liners cause its so light, doctor says all I can do is wait cause its still too early to test! I've been incredibly tired all week and feel wrecked now after the walk to and from the fs so hoping it is indeed implantation and next week will bring the most exciting day of my life so far!
    Better hold off on the cocktails just in case.... Grr so frustrating and confusing haha why does it have to be so hard. Hope everyone else is going well and coping ok with their waiting and af. Have a great weekend